Sabres 3rd worst team in regards to Man Games Lost to Injury since 2010-2011 - something is broken, what can be done to fix it?

matter2003

19 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

I absolutely agree with you that Anderson wasn't a full time starter at his age and he wasn't go to last the season. I expected him to miss an occasional week here or there, or a road trip for maybe a total of 15 games over the entire season. He was durable up until he got hit with a puck in the neck, you did not predict that.

Oh, really?

Anderson will get hit with a puck, upper body, and miss significant time! You heard it here first, folks, mark my words! I’m seeing... the number 3? Maybe... dec..no...November 3rd? But these things can be murky.. - T.

See my post, above. 

Sorry, the thread I posted that in appears to be deleted. 

17 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I thought it was a wrist after a slash

He was definitely originally injured on that Gallagher play.  We presumed it was wrist, but he came back later during a stoppage & tested his skating but never returned.  As it was always described as an Upper Body injury, presumed it was in fact the wrist.  When he went out injured again and this time got surgery, Granato intimated it was the same general injury as the original one.  So, again several of us presumed it was wrist again.

Am now, based upon his skating 2 nights ago, assuming it was an abdominal hernia (aka a sports hernia) that kept him out.  If so, he'll likely seem a little slow for a couple of weeks & then look more like himself after that, though probably not 100% until next season.

Durn HIIPA Laws keeping us from knowing for certain as am pretty sure at least 1 poster here knows what the injury actually was/is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Oh, really?

See my post, above. 

Sorry, the thread I posted that in appears to be deleted. 

Wait, you save your posts somewhere off this board to throw out there at a future date?

that’s……… interesting.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

He was definitely originally injured on that Gallagher play.  We presumed it was wrist, but he came back later during a stoppage & tested his skating but never returned.  As it was always described as an Upper Body injury, presumed it was in fact the wrist.  When he went out injured again and this time got surgery, Granato intimated it was the same general injury as the original one.  So, again several of us presumed it was wrist again.

Am now, based upon his skating 2 nights ago, assuming it was an abdominal hernia (aka a sports hernia) that kept him out.  If so, he'll likely seem a little slow for a couple of weeks & then look more like himself after that, though probably not 100% until next season.

Durn HIIPA Laws keeping us from knowing for certain as am pretty sure at least 1 poster here knows what the injury actually was/is.

That is the most logical explanation I have heard yet. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.