GDT- Sabres at Bruins, 1/1/2022, 1:00 pm ET, MSG, WGR

Doohickie

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

For the umpteenth time, Dunleavy and Ray are also watching the game on TV at Highmark Stadium. They are not in the building.

I’m well aware of that. What about the five seasons when Dunleavy WAS doing it live from the venue? He’s been horrible since day one, regardless. 

7 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Is he locked in for the future already? I think he might have mentioned it on a broadcast that he's signed through 2026?

Per latest update, 2021, Dan has renewed once again as the voice of the Buffalo Sabres indefinitely. (Wikipedia)

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

How is that possible?

Butcher 2:30 ice/ Prow 4:30 ice

15 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Always has been. 

While I’m just some jag off watching the games on tv, I’m totally fine with interference by a teammate when defenseman are retrieving the puck in their own zone below the goal line.  
Interference by a teammate gives them time to not get murdered by a forechecker bearing down on them.
But anything in the neutral zone or above the goal line in the offensive zone needs to be called. NHL officiating is awful.  

• Like (+1) 2

I like Dan Dunleavy as a person and he is,by all accounts, a good guy and person so I feel bad bagging on his play by play sometimes.

Maybe I'm being unfair because of being spoiled with Ted Darling and RJ my whole life?

Those two are tough acts to follow and i'm sure he's doing his best. 

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

I like Dan Dunleavy as a person and he is,by all accounts, a good guy and person so I feel bad bagging on his play by play sometimes.

Maybe I'm being unfair because of being spoiled with Ted Darling and RJ my whole life?

Those two are tough acts to follow and i'm sure he's doing his best. 

He's also doing play-by-play from Buffalo on a TV screen. The road announcers are tough around the league. But yes... his call of the game even at home is a little lackluster.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.