GDT- Sabres at Islanders, 12/30/2021, 7:30pm ET, MSG, WGR

PromoTheRobot

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Are you saying you hope he plays better as he ages?  

Not necessarily better, but after a dip in production Okposo got back to pretty good value here - dunno if Skinner can do that to the tune of 9 mil but hopefully a similar trend 

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It would be cool if Skinner’s contract ends up coming in with a soft landing akin to what we are seeing from KO’s

I'm guessing he gets bought out in the summer of 2023. Then, there's only one gnarly cap hit ($6M) in the final year of the deal 2026-27. But otherwise it's entirely manageable.

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It would be cool if Skinner’s contract ends up coming in with a soft landing akin to what we are seeing from KO’s

KO suffered from multiple concussions during the dip in his play, including one that was life threatening. Not sure there’s much of a reason for Skinners lack of production the last few years, while Okposo’s can be at least partially explained.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because he's calling the game off a TV in Buffalo. He can't know for sure if it goes in right away.

It’s because he is not RJ.  Therefore he must suck.  I love RJ more than anyone, but I’m  tired of the complaining about Dunleavy.  This team has bigger problems. 

2 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

Krebs leading our forwards in ice time 👀

Which means I must wonder about Ellis controlling the line changes.  Could be a quirk. Let’s see how the next period goes. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

KO suffered from multiple concussions during the dip in his play, including one that was life threatening. Not sure there’s much of a reason for Skinners lack of production the last few years, while Okposo’s can be at least partially explained.

I’m familiar. Reading a lot into a statement that was basically, “it would be cool if our perception of the contract changed like it did with KO’s”. 

No, I don’t think it’ll happen 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

It’s because he is not RJ.  Therefore he must suck.  I love RJ more than anyone, but I’m  tired of the complaining about Dunleavy.  This team has bigger problems. 

I agree plus he’s not on site he’s doing the game via the same feed we get, give the guy a break already.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.