Get Anything Cool for Christmas?

Taro T

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

Not really a Christmas gift, but we brought home our rescue dog today.  She did fantastic for having her world upside down. 7 days ago she was in a pound in Kentucky. She spent a week at a foster home here in NY, and she came home with us at 1:30 this afternoon.

She's had a good meal.  She follows us around the house, and she's claimed the left side of the couch as hers.  We took her for a long walk and she was fantastic on the leash. 

She's snoring loudly now.  Getting comfortable already.

That’s an amazing Xmas gift. I’m sure that dog with always appreciate your gift of a loving home.  Also getting out of Kentucky is an amazing gift as well.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

27 minutes ago, Weave said:

Not really a Christmas gift, but we brought home our rescue dog today.  She did fantastic for having her world upside down. 7 days ago she was in a pound in Kentucky. She spent a week at a foster home here in NY, and she came home with us at 1:30 this afternoon.

She's had a good meal.  She follows us around the house, and she's claimed the left side of the couch as hers.  We took her for a long walk and she was fantastic on the leash. 

You are a hero.  Thank you.

from a guy in a southern state where the shelters are inundated with strays

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Weave said:

East Coast Adoptions? 

3 hours ago, Weave said:

Blue Moon Meadows

Ours was ECA.  Far & away the sweetest dog we've ever had.  He was rescued from an Alabama pound a year ago August.  Other than the parasites he brought up w/ him, the "adoption" was flawless.

Hope yours works out as well.  Glad it's off to a good start.

• Thanks (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Ours was ECA.  Far & away the sweetest dog we've ever had.  He was rescued from an Alabama pound a year ago August.  Other than the parasites he brought up w/ him, the "adoption" was flawless.

Hope yours works out as well.  Glad it's off to a good start.

This is our 2nd dog from Blue Moon.  We adopted a ~12 week old chocolate lab from them and he was the best dog I’ve ever experienced.  Just a lovable goof of a dog. He was the perfect dog for our family.  He was part of a litter that was found in an Ohio woodlot.

So far so good.

We took another long walk today.  Her first daylight walk in this neighborhood.  She definitely has a strong prey drive when it comes to the abundant squirrels around here.  I have a feeling the squirrels will be avoiding our backyard like their like depends on it.

She really comes alive on the leash.  Totally drops her guard and becomes happy dog and puts her personality on display. It’s obvious that someone in a prior life worked with her on the leash.  

• Like (+1) 2

The 50th Anniversary of All Things Must Pass box album...   It's pretty nice to hear a remix with the vocals brought forward and lightly de-reverbed. Remove the emphasis on Spector's Wall of Sound strings and get the embellishments of the vocals, guitars, and pianos instead. Lots of outtakes, too.

And my mother-in-law bought tickets (herself, my wife, me) to the Bears-Seahawks game. They're Bears fans and I despise the Seahawks and we were all happy with the fun and impressive outcome. Plus, the snowstorm was a nice atmospheric touch.

• Like (+1) 1

Ever notice the Ken’s Blue Cheese you get at restaurants and pizza shops is called, “Buffalo NY Style?” I absolutely love it and it is far superior to the stuff you can get at the grocery store.
I think the retail option is just Ken’s Chunky Blue Cheese, or something like that. 

Anyway my wife worked with a local restaurant to get the good stuff from their supply chain.  So now I have a gallon of great tasting blue cheese!  Thanks Santa. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Ever notice the Ken’s Blue Cheese you get at restaurants and pizza shops is called, “Buffalo NY Style?” I absolutely love it and it is far superior to the stuff you can get at the grocery store.
I think the retail option is just Ken’s Chunky Blue Cheese, or something like that. 

Anyway my wife worked with a local restaurant to get the good stuff from their supply chain.  So now I have a gallon of great tasting blue cheese!  Thanks Santa. 

Am partial to Marie's Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing & Marie's Super Blue Cheese Dressing, but Ken's is a solid #2.  If you're stuck w/ the Sysco restaurant blue cheese, try adding a little black pepper to it.  Makes it much more palatable.

• Thanks (+1) 1

• spndnchz pinned and unpinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.