Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I would have taken 9OA and Turcotte(who Sabres Fans would love) for that deal. I like yours better.

I would start an auction between CBJ 5 OA, LAK 8th OA Vancouver 9th OA.

This weekend with no games would be another possibility. (No Inside Info)

Adams and Karmanos need to decide What’s most valuable to them.

3OA, Comtois, Perrault plus another piece 

Dach, 12th OA and Reichel. 

Truth 

Dreger gets more of His Information from Agents, while Friedman’s Sources seem to be Front Offices and more accurate 

The three deals that have been leaked are 

Carolina Lindholm, Skinner and a 2nd with Bonus Paid by Sabres 

Montreal Danualt, Poehling and a 2nd (Botterill wanted 3OA) 

and the Deal they took from St Louis. 

Not paying the bonus cost them big time. 

The Instigators also came up with a VGK Trade Proposal that would make My Head Explode.

Glass, Tuch and VGK 2021 1st for Eichel.

Biron feels that Glass is their Number One Prospect, umm that would be Krebs, Marty. 

That Chicago deal is definitely better I'd say. Going down from 3-12, if ever acceptable is in a crapshoot draft like this. Adams said they see this draft as an advantage, right? They know it well? They should be able to make that work at 12 if it means getting Dach back. 

Agree on Krebs too 

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I swear Marty said he thought Glass and Tuch was too much for Vegas to want to give up. This guy is nuts. 

Separately, do you think Chicago has offered something around Dach? The way you compared it to Ducks offer makes me think so?

Also Jason traded the FIRST pick of the 6th round for the next years sixth, with the Leafs, a team that certainly wasn't about to finish last.

How people ever doubt he was a major brain in the ROR deal, even accounting for Pegula, is beyond me truly

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Honestly not as high on Dach as most 

Damn, why not?

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I swear Marty said he thought Glass and Tuch was too much for Vegas to want to give up. This guy is nuts. 

Separately, do you think Chicago has offered something around Dach? The way you compared it to Ducks offer makes me think so?

Also Jason traded the FIRST pick of the 6th round for the next years sixth, with the Leafs, a team that certainly wasn't about to finish last.

He's smart enough to be consciously lowering expectations for the fanbase, I bet

Just now, Thorny said:

Damn, why not?

Not some huge body of knowledge or anything. His production hasn't been compelling at any age/level yet, and the handful of games I've watched him play didn't show me very much. Could be way off, but I don't think he's in the Zegras/Byfield tier, and there are probably guys in the Turcotte/Krebs tier I prefer

• Thanks (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Not some huge body of knowledge or anything. His production hasn't been compelling at any age/level yet, and the handful of games I've watched him play didn't show me very much. Could be way off, but I don't think he's in the Zegras/Byfield tier, and there are probably guys in the Turcotte/Krebs tier I prefer

I don't love Dach as much as Zegras. 

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It involves nerves. It can look fine and he can say it hurts. Prove he's lying.

Bingo. And this is the card the Eichel Camp is playing looking for a move.

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Found it! 

I had Kirby Dach 12th and Trevor Zegras 5th in 2019. 

We have what? Zegras, Krebs, Dach out there, any other names?

Zegras, Turcotte, Krebs, Byfield, Dach, 3rd OA, Jarvis (counting him cause I want him in the ranking), 5OA, Rossi, Boldy

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Rossi, Byfield

oh yea

So we have Byfield, Rossi, Dach, Krebs, and Zegras... 

1. Byfield, he has the most potential of the group and is super young for his class.
  2. Zegras, just go watch him play. It is a joy. 
  3. Rossi, he'll bounce back from Covid and be fine but we still haven't seen him play in a year.
  4. Jarvis, I love Jarvis and I don't have any reason to think I am wrong that he will be a force. 
  5. Turcotte, good two way player but I was hoping for more offense when checking his 2021 numbers. 
  6. Krebs, I like Krebs but could probably have put Dach here. Krebs reminds me of Zegras but lesser. 
  7. Dach, this isn't a knock on Dach but the other 4 I feel can really push the pace more than Dach does. 
  8. Boldy, I love Boldy but the rest are just bringing a little more than him. 

I can't rank 3oa or 5oa because I don't know who the pick is. Let's say 3oa is Eklund I would slot him in between Rossi and Jarvis. 

Edited by LGR4GM
Rossi, Jarvis, Boldy, and picks added.
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

oh yea

1. Byfield, he has the most potential of the 5 and is super young for his class
  2. Zegras, just go watch him play. It is a joy. .
  3. Rossi, he'll bounce back from Covid and be fine but we still haven't seen him play in a year.
  4. Krebs, I like Krebs but could probably have put Dach here. Krebs reminds me of Zegras but lesser. 
  5. Dach, this isn't a knock on Dach but the other 4 I feel can really push the pace more than Dach does. 

Zegras over Rossi? From you this speaks volumes

About Zegras

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

oh yea

1. Byfield, he has the most potential of the 5 and is super young for his class
  2. Zegras, just go watch him play. It is a joy. .
  4. Krebs, I like Krebs but could probably have put Dach here. Krebs reminds me of Zegras but lesser. 
  5. Dach, this isn't a knock on Dach but the other 4 I feel can really push the pace more than Dach does. 

Thanks, this was the ordering I had in my mind actually. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, sabremike said:

If you were doing a list of the dumbest trades in NHL history that one has to make the list. It's the type of trade that sounds like a sketch comedy routine except it actually happened.

How about Scandella for a 4th from the Habs, who almost immediately flipped him for a 2nd and a 4th?

That one was pretty close to a firing offense.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Zegras over Rossi? From you this speaks volumes

About Zegras

If Rossi had played this year, I could have easily flipped them but he didn't. We just have more clarity on Zegras so he gets the nod. 

You could convince me Krebs is better than Turcotte without too much effort. If you like Turcotte, Beniers is a better version IMPO. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

oh yea

1. Byfield, he has the most potential of the group and is super young for his class.
  4. Jarvis, I love Jarvis and I don't have any reason to think I am wrong that he will be a force. 
  5. Turcotte, good two way player but I was hoping for more offense when checking his 2021 numbers. 
  6. Krebs, I like Krebs but could probably have put Dach here. Krebs reminds me of Zegras but lesser. 
  7. Dach, this isn't a knock on Dach but the other 4 I feel can really push the pace more than Dach does. 

I can't rank 3oa or 5oa because I don't know who the pick is. Let's say 3oa is Eklund I would slot him in between Rossi and Jarvis. 

Can you now add Beniers and Eklund? lol

Oops, you said for Eklund

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Can you now add Beniers and Eklund? lol

Oops, you said for Eklund

lol sure... just know some of this is guess work. We are talking on a couple of these minor differences based on personal preferences 

lol sure... just know some of this is guess work. We are talking on a couple of these minor differences based on personal preferences 

journey of course GIF

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

oh yea

5. William Eklund, I keep trying to temper my enthusiasm but his numbers look right and watching him there's just a thing he has.
  6. Matthew Beniers, I get the skills question but every skill he has he executes perfectly, may have a lower ceiling but I think he's better than Turcotte. 
  7. Turcotte, good two way player but I was hoping for more offense when checking his 2021 numbers. 
  8. Krebs, I like Krebs but could probably have put Dach here. Krebs reminds me of Zegras but lesser. 
  9. Dach, this isn't a knock on Dach but the other 4 I feel can really push the pace more than Dach does. 
  10. Boldy, I love Boldy but the rest are just bringing a little more than him. 
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:
  5. William Eklund, I keep trying to temper my enthusiasm but his numbers look right and watching him there's just a thing he has.
  6. Matthew Beniers, I get the skills question but every skill he has he executes perfectly, may have a lower ceiling but I think he's better than Turcotte. 
  7. Turcotte, good two way player but I was hoping for more offense when checking his 2021 numbers. 
  8. Krebs, I like Krebs but could probably have put Dach here. Krebs reminds me of Zegras but lesser. 
  9. Dach, this isn't a knock on Dach but the other 4 I feel can really push the pace more than Dach does. 
  10. Boldy, I love Boldy but the rest are just bringing a little more than him. 

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Wow didn't realize you had Eklund first this year

Same. So you want Eklund drafted over Beniers for the Sabres?