Practice Lines: 2/1/2021

LGR4GM

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You know how I know Krueger is full of *****?

I can't find the comment, but I agree that Okposo's problem is fading speed.  I hate to bench him because he "plays the game right", but we have to.

One of the interesting characteristics of the LOG line is that Zemgus and Larry somehow adjusted their games to accommodate his speed to make the line more effective.  That is _not_ easy.  I don't know whom his linemates can be with the roster as it is.

19 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You know how I know Krueger is full of *****?

Considering how much they traditionally start in the dzone too - those bottom numbers are even better.  Okposo has been a gaping hole on the ice to me.  Just messing up transition, poor fore/back check, never in the right place, and his passing is terrible.  

20 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I may be in the minority, but I actually thought he looked good.   Quicker, lighter on his feet, getting after the puck.     

He's been a good student so RK moved him to the front of the class, just like Skinn.. wait a minute.

I think he looked improved.  But I would want him to produce before I buy in.  That said.. his value will go up if he does look improved.

15 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Jeff Skinner has not scored a goal in 11 months. He scored on leap year day of last year, Feb 29. 

How many games is it, that's all that mattered.  Otherwise we all know there were very few games played in that whole time.  It's still an extended drought, but it's not a normal situation.

6 minutes ago, LTS said:

How many games is it, that's all that mattered.  Otherwise we all know there were very few games played in that whole time.  It's still an extended drought, but it's not a normal situation.

18 goals in his past 94 games.

Anyone thinking this is part of the down cycle of a streaky scorer needs to reassess what that means.

47 minutes ago, dudacek said:

18 goals in his past 94 games.

Anyone thinking this is part of the down cycle of a streaky scorer needs to reassess what that means.

I agree.  I don't like Skinner, don't want him on the team.  I just prefer to put it in meaningful terms.  Its like claiming to be the fastest growing when you go from 1 to 10 customers whereas your competitor goes from 100,000 to 102,000.  They didn't grow as fast, percentage wise.

Nothing more on that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.