Johan Larsson, must be retained

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

I believe Larsson was the second best driver of play on the team last season after Eichel. Enough teams value the advanced metrics that I don’t think he’ll have to hard of a time finding a reasonable deal in this league. The Vesey’s of the world should be the players struggling to find roles, not someone as reliable as Larsson. 

If that’s the case, you expect Vesey to take a haircut and Son of Lars penciled in for raise?  Should make for an interesting experiment.  Not that I want Vesey on our team, but I could see him get more and get signed faster than Larsson. 

1 hour ago, Broken Ankles said:

If that’s the case, you expect Vesey to take a haircut and Son of Lars penciled in for raise?  Should make for an interesting experiment.  Not that I want Vesey on our team, but I could see him get more and get signed faster than Larsson. 

At this point, Vesey can go get a job where he can find one.  The Sabres traded for him twice.  He was blah the first time, and the Sabres traded for him again.  He was blah again.  I don't really care where he ends up.  He is JAG.

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, JohnC said:

As you seem to suggest Girgs is more likely to leave than Larsson. Larsson certainly has a role as a defensive presence but if he departs there are many market options that are reasonably priced that can replace him. Your pegging his market value at the $2-2.25 range seams reasonable.  

Oh, if I’m either of them I’m looking to explore free agency first and get out of this incredible smell we’ve discovered. Let’s get out of here!

But the flat cap may restrict their chances at something lucrative. And if that’s the case we have to prioritize Larson over the Locomotive. He brings more as both a player and our complete lack of centers. 

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

For all these months I thought the thread was about Angry Larry being rertrained and I'm thinking why retrain him?

Finally I see that we do not want him retrained atoll.

Carry on ...

Too old! Too old to complete the retraining.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

For all these months I thought the thread was about Angry Larry being retrained and I'm thinking why retrain him?

Finally I see that we do not want him retrained atoll.

Carry on ...

My Dad used to clear those things of unexploded ordinance because they had become hazards to shipping lanes

We want Larry.... non carborundum illegitimus.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.