Shooting accuracy

SDS

Just now, Eleven said:

Why would you say that?  Do you not think an NHL-level defenseman (and a highly-selected one at that) has the skill to figure out where the goalie won't be and put the puck there?

It really looked like he just threw it towards the net.  His expression is ... 'I friggin scored?  No ####'.

It is luck that it gets through, however it would be foolish to not give credit to Bogosian.  For the puck to go where it went, he had to shoot it there.  It didn't get deflected and bounce it.  It went straight in and when that happens, the shooter has to be given credit for shooting it there.

16 minutes ago, LTS said:

It is luck that it gets through, however it would be foolish to not give credit to Bogosian.  For the puck to go where it went, he had to shoot it there.  It didn't get deflected and bounce it.  It went straight in and when that happens, the shooter has to be given credit for shooting it there.

Yeah, it's luck that he got the bounce/screen that particular time, but the reason that he and other NHLers can get it anywhere close and have a reasonable chance at tucking the post is because of thousands of hours of repetition and work over their whole lives

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:51 PM, SDS said:

I’m not sure this is an accurate observation- please correct me if I’m off base here...

After watching most of the these opening games, I’m a bit appalled at how far off our skill players have been shooting on net.

I’m talking about those unpressured times where they have a great look, time and space and they shoot the puck two feet wide. Casey... Jack... all of them...

So many times I get excited for a prime scoring opportunity, only saying to myself WTF what’s that? 

I don't think you are off base here at all.   They are shooting wide or over the top on way too many good scoring chances.

4 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

I don't think you are off base here at all.   They are shooting wide or over the top on way too many good scoring chances.

Which is interesting because every genius poster on this site has said all the Sabres ever do is shoot into the goalies chest. THATS ALL THEY FREAKING SAY!! AS IF PAID MILLIONAIRES ARE ACTUALLY TRYING TO HIT THE THE GOALIE. I SWEAR EVERY SINGLE GAME SINCE I'VE POSTED HERE (15 years?) Has said that. 

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

Which is interesting because every genius poster on this site has said all the Sabres ever do is shoot into the goalies chest. THATS ALL THEY FREAKING SAY!! AS IF PAID MILLIONAIRES ARE ACTUALLY TRYING TO HIT THE THE GOALIE. I SWEAR EVERY SINGLE GAME SINCE I'VE POSTED HERE (15 years?) Has said that. 

You have been here a long time so I will defer to your history lesson.  As to the "genius posters" I am unaffected by their comments.

My tinfoil barrier allows me to make up my own mind.  I will keep an eye open for these "misses" and post accordingly.

Seriously though, it seems a lot of Sabres players compared to some other teams are too tight or maybe think too much when they shoot.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

My impression is that non-skill players do this. I was talking specifically about guys like Jack and Casey.   Every time expect them to pick a corner it turns into Zhitnik shot from the point. 

5 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Yeah, it's luck that he got the bounce/screen that particular time, but the reason that he and other NHLers can get it anywhere close and have a reasonable chance at tucking the post is because of thousands of hours of repetition and work over their whole lives

The sound of that clank was beautiful. I replayed 20 times.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.