Buffalo Claims Remi Elie off Waivers

Brawndo

14 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

According to the comments he has speed. Very good speed.

I note a pattern in Botterills thoughts on hockey players.

Speed and determination.

We had a team like that once if my memory serves me ......

10 hours ago, woods-racer said:

According to the comments he has speed. Very good speed.

I note a pattern in Botterills thoughts on hockey players.

Speed and determination.

We had a team like that once if my memory serves me ......

Sounds like he’s got tons of speed, a great attitude, and excellent work ethic. Has offensive potential, is physical when needed, and is a chameleon that can fit in on any line when needed. Also sounded to be a fan favorite. 

Considering he was able to crack the Stars lineup for a full season, and Baptiste was never able to crack the Sabres last-place lineup - sounds like an improvement over Bailey, Baptiste, and hopefully the soon departed Larsson. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

This move was a blindfolded dart toss IMO. Why not? You’ve got little to lose. 

From what I’ve seen these guys come in and play like hell for a season and trail off in succeeding seasons. My guess is they play to their instincts the first year and get coached away from their strong points to play a system. 

Being wrong is my favorite, kid..... You’re up.

It occurs to me that, based on the description of his play, Elie may have used Alexander Radulov of the Stars as an inspiration in shaping his own game.  If that's true, I'll be happy.  Radulov is a relentless, hard-nosed forward with a bit of a scoring touch.  If Remi Elie turns out to be Radulov, Jr., I'll be happy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.