Columbus vs Sabres NBCSN at 7pm ET

jsb

4 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

I dont see the hype over this kid at all, hope he proves me wrong

This is one reason I didn't like the O'Reilly trade. We're removing a proven 2nd liner and assuming kids and/or other new guys can take on those minutes.

Edited by Iron Crotch

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

He hasn't looked good in a while now.  This is a problem.

He made the play that drew the PP where we tied the game up. 

Casey looks just fine and definitely NHL ready. This is surely a case of the expectations being too high. 

Edited by Thorny

Mittelstadt is a better hockey player right now than he was in April. He looks like a kid who had 30 in 34 in NCAA hockey one year after HS hockey, which was less than 2 years ago.

People remember Pronman ranking him high and not the fact that when he played center for 1.5 periods in April the Sabres could not register a single shot attempt while his line was on the ice until he was moved back to wing. The offseason praise plus Botterill assuming he's ready to be a 2C as part of the justification for the ROR trade made everyone forget what Casey actually currently is

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Maybe once he stops taking his spot for granted.  I'd send him to Rochester right now just to teach him a lesson.

I don't think that's the issue. I think the speed is over his head and he's trying to hard. He'll be fine and honestly some Rochester wouldn't hurt. 

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Mittelstadt is a better hockey player right now than he was in April. He looks like a kid who had 30 in 34 in NCAA hockey one year after HS hockey, which was less than 2 years ago.

People remember Pronman ranking him high and not the fact that when he played center for 1.5 periods in April the Sabres could not register a single shot attempt until he was moved back to wing. The offseason praise plus Botterill assuming he's ready to be a 2C as part of the justification for the ROR trade made everyone forget what Casey actually currently is

Agree, and well said, but I'd add that we don't know Botterill assumed he was ready to be the 2C.

Just now, Thorny said:

Agree, and well said, but I'd add that we don't know Botterill assumed he was ready to be the 2C.

Correct, though I think there was some assumption that Casey will be a productive center to some degree, and that was definitely how we project it to work out going forward. Should have phrased differently

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.