Summer Hockey Trivia

Eleven

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Well give us your second one!

That guy who I always think of with all the Rusmus' this team now has.  I didn't want to say it since it was somewhat of a google result.  I wasn't sure whether or not he was born in Mn.

49 minutes ago, N S said:

Fogolin.

This was my third.  I wasn't sure if he got into a cup final game or not based on the fewer games played in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Right series; wrong team.

Correct.

Wrong series; wrong team. ;)

Plante apparently did get his name on the Stanley Cup but he didn't get into any games in the Finals.  The 6 PO games he got into that year didn't include any vs the Avs nor the Sabres.  Though, should the Sabres had gone on to win game 6 after play was restarted @ the Sabres blue line to the left of Hasek, there was a good likelihood he'd've dressed for game 7 as Modano was injured further in game 6 & would've been a game time decision.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Wrong series; wrong team. ?

Plante apparently did get his name on the Stanley Cup but he didn't get into any games in the Finals.  The 6 PO games he got into that year didn't include any vs the Avs nor the Sabres.  Though, should the Sabres had gone on to win game 6 after play was restarted @ the Sabres blue line to the left of Hasek, there was a good likelihood he'd've dressed for game 7 as Modano was injured further in game 6 & would've been a game time decision.

Maybe, just maybe, had Dallas dressed Plante, a guy who knew Hasek's tendencies, they could have legit won.  

And he still didn't play in the finals as a Sabre, which was the point...

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Maybe, just maybe, had Dallas dressed Plante, a guy who knew Hasek's tendencies, they could have legit won.  

And he still didn't play in the finals as a Sabre, which was the point...

Both true.

Was just pointing out that HE didn't play in those Finals at all.  Would expect that a lot of the younger &/or casual fans here MIGHT not have known that, especially from simply reading that his name is included on that Stanley Cup awarded Stars team.

Edited by Taro T

4 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Yes, went to that game to celebrate surviving my 21st birthday. Still wonder what happened during about three hours of no memory but that’s a story for another day as well as something I think about every time Derek Plante’s name comes up.

Next trivia question: What did happen during those three hours?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.