Summer Hockey Trivia

Eleven

We still have more than a month to go just before the prospect tournament!  Anyway, these are sometimes fun.  Let's ask each other questions and try not to google the answers.

I'll start us off:  The name "Lee Fogolin" appears three times on the Stanley Cup.  Why?

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

We still have more than a month to go just before the prospect tournament!  Anyway, these are sometimes fun.  Let's ask each other questions and try not to google the answers.

I'll start us off:  The name "Lee Fogolin" appears three times on the Stanley Cup.  Why?

Player in Edmonton and 2 other times.

46 minutes ago, N S said:

Does Gare have a brother?

He was my other choice.

Yes. Morey Gare was drafted in 1980 but never played in the NHL.

Another piece of trivia: their brother-in-law is former Canuck, Ranger and Oiler coach Tom Renney.

Edited by dudacek

9 minutes ago, shrader said:

I hope I counted up this fairly easy one correctly...

The Sabres have drafted three hall of famers.  Name them.  As a side note, there's an interesting connection between two of them.

I've got two.  Working on the third.

EDIT:  How freaking stupid can I be.  The third is the guy coaching the team right now.  Then there's Perreault, and there's one more but I'll leave him for someone else to guess.

Wondering what the interesting connection is.

Edited by Eleven

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I've got two.  Working on the third.

EDIT:  How freaking stupid can I be.  The third is the guy coaching the team right now.  Then there's Perreault, and there's one more but I'll leave him for someone else to guess.

Wondering what the interesting connection is.

There's actually a third guy who ties into the interesting connection.

And another one I just realized now, both of those guys were traded away for another eventual hall of famer.

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

There's actually a third guy who ties into the interesting connection.

And another one I just realized now, both of those guys were traded away for another eventual hall of famer.

Wait, are you trying to say there's a 4th?  Drawing a complete blank on who that would be.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

While we're waiting for shrader to announce the connection among/between Perreault, Andreychuk, and Housley...

Three, and only three, Americans have played for the Sabres in a Stanley Cup Finals game.  Who are they?

The connection I was getting at had nothing to do with Perreault.  Housley and Andreychuk were drafting in the same year, both in the first round.  The Sabres also drafted Paul Cyr in between them.  I sure would love to get that same return out of the three picks they have next year.  I'll accept a mediocre Cyr if the other two are hall of famers.?

As for your question, I can get Holzinger from the 99 team right away.

1 minute ago, shrader said:

The connection I was getting at had nothing to do with Perreault.  Housley and Andreychuk were drafting in the same year, both in the first round.  The Sabres also drafted Paul Cyr in between them.  I sure would love to get that same return out of the three picks they have next year.  I'll accept a mediocre Cyr if the other two are hall of famers.?

As for your question, I can get Holzinger from the 99 team right away.

The Cyr/Tucker era were dark days...

Holzinger is correct.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.