Politics....

SDS

Just now, darksabre said:

For the record, I think the way the clubs are set up is perfect.

I honestly think if we do this right and learn some new muscle memory - it will be a great feature.

4 hours ago, SDS said:

Yes, there are two clubs awaiting approval. One by you and one by LTS. We should probably think this through... Measure twice, cut once!

I tried to edit mine to make it the right choice.  You know, with the picture and the icon.  ?

Did it because I said I would..  I will actually create another one soon (not politics.. derrrr)

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The only thing I prefer is that the club be open to the public.  I don't care who "owns" the rights to it or whatever.

It seems that the 'owner' / starter takes on the responsibility of moderating it to free the actual moderators from doing that.

Have fun moderating that Politics Club you 'own'. ?

Edited by N S
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

The only thing I prefer is that the club be open to the public.  I don't care who "owns" the rights to it or whatever.

Ah-yup.

Ah-yup.

@Eleven @LTS

both of you have offered to start a politics club. Each club has one owner, but there are “leaders” who help run the club and “managers” (I think) that have a few less powers. So, you can recruit your own team to help out. 

It's fine to start with one public club, but honestly, I figured some people would also want a closed club that catered to their political leanings. 

Who wants to take the lead on this?

2 hours ago, SDS said:

@Eleven @LTS

both of you have offered to start a politics club. Each club has one owner, but there are “leaders” who help run the club and “managers” (I think) that have a few less powers. So, you can recruit your own team to help out. 

It's fine to start with one public club, but honestly, I figured some people would also want a closed club that catered to their political leanings. 

Who wants to take the lead on this?

People who want closed clubs catering to their leanings are welcome to start them.

I just want one that is open to everyone, whether they join it or not.  I know there's a setting for that but i forget what it is.

Just now, Eleven said:

People who want closed clubs catering to their leanings are welcome to start them.

I just want one that is open to everyone, whether they join it or not.  I know there's a setting for that but i forget what it is.

We have two clubs waiting for approval. I’m just curious if there’s is a preference on who takes ownership.

Eleven would be fine. I'm not sure who else threw their hat in the ring, but I don't think it matters as long as it's open to all sides. Some people may want echoe chambers but most of us just want to discuss current events and hear/debate all sides and opinions. 

Edited by Alkoholist

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Again, as long as it's open to the public, I don't care.  

Thanks, SDS.

Also.  Anyone else notice that a return is a double return?  I.e., that every paragraph is double-spaced from the next?

First sentence
Shift-return

Return

10 hours ago, Eleven said:

So let's see how this works.  Shift-return
then return

I like it.  It works.  UNLIKE CONGRESS AMIRITE?

Yep.  Works.

It's more the strict HTML coding that is using a paragraph tag which drops two lines as opposed to just the normal line break which drops to the next line.

24 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Nothing against LTS, but I don't want to post in a politics "club" if someone moderates it. That's how we lost the Politics thread in the first place.

There's no such thing as an unmoderated world.  That said, your concerns are noted.  I will post in the politics "club" on what you can expect.  If you don't like it... don't participate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.