Prediction Time: Will the Sabres make a major trade at or before the draft?

nfreeman

Is it about to get real?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Sabres make a major trade at or prior to the draft (not do you want them to -- the question is whether it will happen)?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If the Sabres do make a major trade, which Sabre(s) will get shipped out? (check as many as you like)

• ROR
    • Reinhart
    • Risto
    • Eichel
    • Mittlestadt
    • Nylander
    • Guhle
    • 2018 2nd-round pick
    • 2019 1st-round pick
    • No trade
  3. 3. If the Sabres do make a major trade, what will be the primary piece they receive in return? (check only one)

• Starting goalie (i.e. ready to start now)
    • Top goalie prospect
    • Top-4 defenseman
    • Top D prospect
    • Top-6 winger
    • Top forward prospect
    • 2018 first-rounder
    • 2019 first-rounder
    • Cap relief (i.e. dumping KO, Bogo or Pommer)
    • No trade

The deal I’d like to see is Girgensons for a draft pick. I’m hopeful for a 2nd, but realize a 3rd is much more likely.

That doesn't seem worth our time either. I would be fine packaging Girgensons as part of a deal for a single roster player coming back, but we really can't be ditching guys like him for picks that may not become roster players for another 3-4 years, if at all. 

That doesn't seem worth our time either. I would be fine packaging Girgensons as part of a deal for a single roster player coming back, but we really can't be ditching guys like him for picks that may not become roster players for another 3-4 years, if at all. 

Fair, but picks are also ammo for other deals.  Also if you are clearing out the dead wood, you may be only to get what is offered.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

My take is, the major roster shake up is Risto moving.  Justification being his alleged unwillingness to be coached.

Not a top 6 winger coming back, but a top 3 winger.

...as much as I hate on Risto and his putrid career plus/minus, I hope he sticks around.    He's my 12y/o son's favorite player, has his jersey, and choose to be #55 next season w/ the Jr. Ducks.   Would be a blow to my kids morale if he was moved.     That said, I take full responsibility for letting that happen... chalk it up to poor parenting.   

...as much as I hate on Risto and his putrid career plus/minus, I hope he sticks around.    He's my 12y/o son's favorite player, has his jersey, and choose to be #55 next season w/ the Jr. Ducks.   Would be a blow to my kids morale if he was moved.     That said, I take full responsibility for letting that happen... chalk it up to poor parenting.   

I mean, kid's 12 now... well past the time you should have sat him down for 'the talk' about TRPM...

I mean, kid's 12 now... well past the time you should have sat him down for 'the talk' about TRPM...

Very nice.

I agree.  Girgensons doesn't produce but he doesn't give you bad minutes.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.