Anybody in the wester NC/eastern TN/northern GA/northwestern SC area?

JJFIVEOH

Close (sort of).  Marietta, GA.

We like to visit Asheville however.  We were there last August and had some a great time.  We ate at some really good places including Curate, Little Bee Thai and Salsa.  Love Ultimate Ice Cream (and Kilwins).   We liked visiting Black Mountain.

I'm equidistant from Nashville and Charlotte. I'm up for an early season meet-up at either arena, and get a hotel or airbnb overnight. Or, if you want to see some real fun, the Greenville Swamp Rabbits in ECHL is real big in Greenville. 

I'm game, anybody else?

I live about two hours east of Asheville. We have had, and I kid you not, 16 straight days of measurable rain. Most days its been pouring non-stop. Thankfully the forecast is calling for it to stop once it hits 21 days.

In college I once worked in a bush camp in northwestern BC where it rained every day for at least that long. Sun finally came out and it felt like paradise. For two or three days.

Then the clouds became bugs.

Wait.  Does this no longer mean your a Panthers fan? :P

1A and 1B.  :flirt:

Spent a few weeks in Asheville this past year. Seemed like an awesome place to live

Great city. They've made many changes for the good over the last several years. It's a very liberal city, and if you go a half hour west, it's extremely conservative. Very diverse area.

I live about two hours east of Asheville. We have had, and I kid you not, 16 straight days of measurable rain. Most days its been pouring non-stop. Thankfully the forecast is calling for it to stop once it hits 21 days.

Biltmore Village was under water today. I'm above flood plane so I'm good, but the ground is so saturated that there is still flooding in my yard. Supposed to last until mid-Friday.

So we need a southeastern Sabrespace meet and greet at a Canes/Sabres game next season?

I'm up for it!

I'm equidistant between Raleigh and Nashville. I'll do either one. Or, we can have some real fun and go watch the Swamp Rabbits for cheap. 

The only good thing was how green my grass immediately got after all of that rain.  Of course, I had to cut it twice in 3 days, but it's totally worth it.  I just wish the timing would have worked out a little better.  They're in the process of tearing up lawns in my neighborhood to install fiber cables.  They're leaving an ugly mess in a lot of those yards.  The rain should help them heal back up pretty quickly though.  Unfortunately, they're not going to get to my yard until after all of this is gone most likely.

Spent a few weeks in Asheville this past year. Seemed like an awesome place to live

My only issue with that place was that I felt the need to take a shower after seeing that big drum circle thing they have nightly.

Google maps says it's 3 hours to Atlanta from my house. Either way, I'm out of FL and in the real southeast. So a couple hours isn't that big of a deal. I'm serious when I say us southern folk should meet up and go to a Preds or a Hurricanes game. I'll do the dirty work and get a big AirBNB house.

I'm up for either one. Nashville would be more fun, better atmosphere, better pre-game and post-game entertainment. But, like GA said, it would be difficult to get a block of tickets. 

Just putting it out there as a possibility for the upcoming season. 

I'm up for either one. Nashville would be more fun, better atmosphere, better pre-game and post-game entertainment. But, like GA said, it would be difficult to get a block of tickets.

Just putting it out there as a possibility for the upcoming season.

I want to go to Nashville also, but don’t think it’s practical with a group of 10 or so guys

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

The only good thing was how green my grass immediately got after all of that rain. Of course, I had to cut it twice in 3 days, but it's totally worth it. I just wish the timing would have worked out a little better. They're in the process of tearing up lawns in my neighborhood to install fiber cables. They're leaving an ugly mess in a lot of those yards. The rain should help them heal back up pretty quickly though. Unfortunately, they're not going to get to my yard until after all of this is gone most likely.

My only issue with that place was that I felt the need to take a shower after seeing that big drum circle thing they have nightly.

Nothing wrong with a good shower from time to time

I want to go to Nashville also, but don’t think it’s practical with a group of 10 or so guys

Not really sure we can get 10 people to go see a Nashville game. My best bet would be 3-4 people. I've got a friend in Nashville that might be able to hook us up. I'm open for either city. If we can get a few people who are serious, I'll look into each city when the schedule comes out. I wasn't entirely serious when I first mentioned this, but now it sounds like a cool idea and I'm willing to chip in and get a group of tickets.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.