Hockey imponderables

PASabreFan

If Justin Falk cross-checked Evander Kane during a game, would Falk get a penalty? Would the Sabres go on the power play or be shorthanded?

Falk would get an unsportsmanlike penalty, the opponent would go on the power play, and Kane would blow it off as no big deal. 

If a puck is hit with a high stick, then a defender accidentally gloves it into his own net while it's still in the air.... is it a good goal?

If Housley actually called out players in the lockerroom and benched them for long stints during games... would the Sabres win some games?

If Housley actually called out players in the lockerroom and benched them for long stints during games... would the Sabres win some games?

If a snowflake melts and reveals the bit of grit that caused it to become a snowflake, would the Sabres win some games?

I don’t mean to be a prick...or maybe I do? Nobody cares about my Ray Cage devise or my shoulder surgeries....

I’m not saving human life like some other posters here, but I work hard to be excellent in my craft with the knowledge that society expects me to do just that. Your bridges. Your buildings....Your hockey? Ask those hockey guys if they’re as committed to being a prick.

• 1 month later...

If you beat the goalie, isn't it always a goal? Do you also beat the goalie if you put the puck behind the goalie and miss the net altogether?

(I'm not referring to pucks off the post and in.)

Sure.

A player dipsy doodles the goalie out of his jock, as it were, and said goalie is looking for his jock and said dipsy doodler clanks it off the post and it bounces out to centre ice.

Clearly the goalie is beaten, but there is no goal.

Sure.

A player dipsy doodles the goalie out of his jock, as it were, and said goalie is looking for his jock and said dipsy doodler clanks it off the post and it bounces out to centre ice.

Clearly the goalie is beaten, but there is no goal.

I'll accept that. Semantics! Grateful!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.