Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

The man you’re looking for is Colin Kaepernick. But it’s not happening unfortunately.

The man we were looking for is Case Keenum. Kaepernick is a little too free with the ball for me to want to mentor Allen; plus he likes to run and Allen leaving the pocket early was already a big concern during his draft

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

The man we were looking for is Case Keenum. Kaepernick is a little too free with the ball for me to want to mentor Allen; plus he likes to run and Allen leaving the pocket early was already a big concern during his draft

Case Keenum is not the man. Has to be an affordable option.

Kaepernick is the best among available options.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Yeah, ignoring the reason why it won't happen, I still don't want Karpernick anywhere near my qb position - the last few games I saw of him were simply dreadful 

Kaepernick has the 16th best career passer rating ALL TIME.

In his last 11 starts he had 2200 yards, 16 TDs and 4 INTs. He’s not the Super Bowl-caliber QB he was years ago but he’s still a good stop-gap and backup option.

Just now, Hoss said:

Kaepernick has the 16th best career passer rating ALL TIME.

In his last 11 starts he had 2200 yards, 16 TDs and 4 INTs. He’s not the Super Bowl-caliber QB he was years ago but he’s still a good stop-gap and backup option.

He was good until teams figured him out. Id bet TT had the best passer rating in bills history.

the last 5-10 games I've seen of Collin he was so lost, couldn't read a field, and only made plays with his feet. I'm not saying there are loads of guys on the street better than him or that he, in a vacuum, wouldn't be on an NFL roster, but the dude blows chunks now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

He was good until teams figured him out. Id bet TT had the best passer rating in bills history.

the last 5-10 games I've seen of Collin he was so lost, couldn't read a field, and only made plays with his feet. I'm not saying there are loads of guys on the street better than him or that he, in a vacuum, wouldn't be on an NFL roster, but the dude blows chunks now.

Exactly. He has been absolutely awful lately.

8 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Case Keenum is not the man. Has to be an affordable option.

Kaepernick is the best among available options.

Keenum wasn't an affordable option?

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Statistically, Kaepernick was an above-average starter on a brutal team his final season. Your anger seems to be coming from a place other than actual evaluation.

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Statistically, Kaepernick was an above-average starter on a brutal team his final season. Your anger seems to be coming from a place other than actual evaluation.

Does it? Because I always thought he was graceful about the whole kneeling thing, an issue that I in general side with him on. But thanks for the shot at my character.

Stats gave moulson another shot last year he didn't deserve. Stats say the best QBs in bills history to play 10 games or more are TT, then Orton, then Holcomb. I watched most of Colin's last 10 or so games, because i was interested in him because of all that attention,  and the dude was not a capable thrower of the football and it wasn't even close. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

20 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Yeah I was interested in Keenun but so was everyone else, so that happened.

I basically just don't ever want a running qb again

Which is fun because there's a decent chance Allen becomes a bad qb who can run

I, too, would hate having Russell Wilson or Cam Newton. Running QBs can be either good or bad...if you can get a good one, why say no just because of style? 

Edited by TrueBlueGED

42 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I, too, would hate having Russell Wilson or Cam Newton. Running QBs can be either good or bad...if you can get a good one, why say no just because of style? 

Because those are outliers. Besides the fact that I'm not convinced Newton isn't overrated, being a pocket passing qb is a much more reliable way to win in the NFL

57 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Does it? Because I always thought he was graceful about the whole kneeling thing, an issue that I in general side with him on. But thanks for the shot at my character.

Stats gave moulson another shot last year he didn't deserve. Stats say the best QBs in bills history to play 10 games or more are TT, then Orton, then Holcomb. I watched most of Colin's last 10 or so games, because i was interested in him because of all that attention,  and the dude was not a capable thrower of the football and it wasn't even close. 

Is Flagg speaking blasfemy (no way in hell is that spelled right) about stats??

20 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Because those are outliers. Besides the fact that I'm not convinced Newton isn't overrated, being a pocket passing qb is a much more reliable way to win in the NFL

My point is, who cares if they run? If they're good, they're good. It seems to me that Flagg and a whole host of others simply don't want a QB who uses his legs. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED

2 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Those guys can pass from a pocket. When I say running qb, I mean a qb that can't pass from the pocket at a high level but plays because he can do things with his feet. Like TT, or Johnny Manziel from that bills Browns game, or Kaep.

I don't mind mobile passing QBs at all, of course. But you have to be able to throw a football and Kaep's recent display of that was ugly as all hell. I'd seriously recommend looking for tape.

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

I think the most consistent thing about my takes on sports over the years is how I incorporate/look at stats

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Those guys can pass from a pocket. When I say running qb, I mean a qb that can't pass from the pocket at a high level but plays because he can do things with his feet. Like TT, or Johnny Manziel from that bills Browns game, or Kaep.

I don't mind mobile passing QBs at all, of course. But you have to be able to throw a football and Kaep's recent display of that was ugly as all hell. I'd seriously recommend looking for tape.

I bet you'll see Allen throw many 'lucky shots' at the end of the game, but you'll miss a receiver like watkins.

35 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I bet you'll see Allen throw many 'lucky shots' at the end of the game, but you'll miss a receiver like watkins.

No doubt that Watkins is good but, are you basing this on speed?

If you are you might want to know that Foster's official 40 time is faster than Sammy. I'm in no way saying that Foster is as good as Sammy....just faster.

2 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

No doubt that Watkins is good but, are you basing this on speed?

If you are you might want to know that Foster's official 40 time is faster than Sammy. I'm in no way saying that Foster is as good as Sammy....just faster.

Speed and hands, I still wonder about well IQ in the case of watkins, route running and all.

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

The man you’re looking for is Colin Kaepernick. But it’s not happening unfortunately.

I agree with WildCard. They need a pocket QB to mentor Allen. Without looking through the rosters, there has to be an Orton/Cutler type that could be had for a 2nd/3rd round pick. Nick Foles, Chad Henne, Matt Schaub............... Those kind of guys. 

1 minute ago, JJFIVEOH said:

I agree with WildCard. They need a pocket QB to mentor Allen. Without looking through the rosters, there has to be an Orton/Cutler type that could be had for a 2nd/3rd round pick. Nick Foles, Chad Henne, Matt Schaub............... Those kind of guys. 

Absolute zero interest in paying that much for a test dummy.

Henne is not garbage. The Eagles might not move Foles for our first (they reportedly got offered a high second for him). And he’s not worth that outside of Philly. Schaub could likely be had for like a 4th. But still not interested in paying that when some free agent could do the same without giving up a pick.

Edited by Hoss

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Absolute zero interest in paying that much for a test dummy.

Well, either I put too much emphasis on mentoring........... or you don't put enough. I'm just not comfortable with a QB core with absolutely no experience leading this team. 

With those guys, at least they'll have a chance to win a few games and make this season half entertaining, all while teaching the younger guys. The way it sits now, the season is already done. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.