Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Think this is a Hughes replacement?

I've been told the #Bills' signing of FA DE Trent Murphy does not impact the status of Jerry Hughes whatsoever.

To answer the questions that have followed my tweet about Jerry Hughes staying put with Trent Murphy addition, the same goes for Shaq Lawson. #Bills want as much DE depth as possible.

I can't see the video because youtube is blocked at my work 

laughter.gif

I've thought the Taylor trade was a huge mistake as soon as I found out. I'm one of only a handful of people on this board that didn't want him run out of town because he's not 6'4" and doesn't throw for 300 yard games.

I agree that there are only a handful of people who feel the way you do about Tyrod.

Trent Murphy, huh?

$7M annually is real money.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Thanks, Smell. I guess I need to start buying the hype on whichever rookie we draft so I can convince myself that they didn't make a stupid mistake.

It's still surprises me how happy most everyone both here and on Two Bills Drive seemed to be about getting rid of him. You'd think a franchise that suffered for years through the likes of Rob Johnson, JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Brian Bohm, Ryan Fitzpatrick, EJ Manuel, and Nate Peterman would realize how hard it can be to even find a decent QB, but reading the initial reactions to the trade makes it seem like we suckered Cleveland into taking post concussion Trent Edwards for a high pick.

A big part of me thinks Cleveland will ride Taylor to a better record than Buffalo will have this season.

Thanks, Smell. I guess I need to start buying the hype on whichever rookie we draft so I can convince myself that they didn't make a stupid mistake. It's still surprises me how happy most everyone both here and on Two Bills Drive seemed to be about getting rid of him. You'd think a franchise that suffered for years through the likes of Rob Johnson, JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Brian Bohm, Ryan Fitzpatrick, EJ Manuel, and Nate Peterman would realize how hard it can be to even find a decent QB, but reading the initial reactions to the trade makes it seem like we suckered Cleveland into taking post concussion Trent Edwards for a high pick. A big part of me thinks Cleveland will ride Taylor to a better record than Buffalo will have this season.

You don't need to start doing anything. Not on my account.

If Cleveland can ride Taylor, then, holy sh1tballs, more power to them.

My take: He's a dynamic athlete, a good teammate, a limited QB (probably no better than top of the bottom-third in the league's starting QB's), a devoted son, and a stylish dresser.

Getting what they did for him -- when everyone in the league knew the Bills were ready to move on from him -- was remarkable.

I'd enjoy being proven wrong about his limitations, frankly. I just don't see it happening. He doesn't see the field well enough, nor can he reliably hit garden variety throws.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Thays when any expiring contracts clear. I don't know why they pick this specific day, but the time is because midnight is far too inconvenient.

Sorry, still struggling. Why does that really matter? Does that mean FA is basically over?

Sorry, still struggling. Why does that really matter? Does that mean FA is basically over?

On the contrary, I think this is when it officially can begin, which is why teams are making official announcements now. At least, I think?

It's confusing to me how the process works -- with FA's all signing "before" they're allowed to do so.

On the contrary, I think this is when it officially can begin, which is why teams are making official announcements now. At least, I think?

It's confusing to me how the process works -- with FA's all signing "before" they're allowed to do so.

It means everything that you heard about yesterday can become official. League doesn't process signings or trades before the new league year begins.

Alright so this isn't some weird deadline or anything? Couple people are freaking out that this means the Bills aren't making any more moves

A few years ago (maybe 10 now, I have lost all notion of time) you weren't able to talk to free agents before the new league year began. Teams still did, but technically it was tampering. They then put in this negotiation period, which is sometimes called the legal tampering period, where teams can talk to and negotiate with free agents but can't actually sign them until 4 PM today. 

All contracts run until the end of the league year, so until about 29 minutes ago, all of those free agents who deals have been struck with still belonged to their old teams. At 4PM the league year ended, and they could sign new contracts elsewhere. 

Trades are the same; the trade deadline happens in week whatever during the season (week 10 maybe?), and no trades can happen after that until the new league year begins. Again, 4PM today, the next season technically started, and all of those trades that were talked about can officially go through.

Alright so this isn't some weird deadline or anything? Couple people are freaking out that this means the Bills aren't making any more moves

Naw, this is akin to when a team hasn't signed a free agent on June 1st in the NHL and everyone is like "OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DIDN'T SIGN ANYONE TO PLAY DEFENSE" even though free agency literally JUST started (officially)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.