Bye Week Predictions: 2018 Fire Sale Edition

LGR4GM

To be very truthful the perfect time to trade players is the bye week. They have time to move. Get to practice a little with the team and meet everyone. GM's have a little more time to talk to each other. Now I won't say we will see a move but anyone think we might over the next week? 

Now is the time to trade Kane. He is ready to move on; you can see it in his game.

His value is at his peak and everyone in the room knows he's going.

If I am a bubble GM looking at Kane or Lehner I want to move now as well to push my team to the front of the pack.

The only other Sabres of value are summertime deals and won't be moved in season. The Pouliots and Gorges are likely deadline moves

I think Kane is ready to go. I wonder if the offers are on the table and Jbot is just waiting to choose one or if he's waiting fir the right offer. Either way I don't see Kane making it to the deadline when GMs are more panicked. Someone will pay his price before then.

From the reports I have read, Botterill is looking for a specific price (prospect + 1st) and doesn't want to move off it since he feels he can get it if he holds strong. I'm guessing no other team has quite met the exact asking price just yet. We probably could trade him now, but it would be accepting the best offer on the table rather than the offer we want.

Lehner needs to get healthy before he gets traded. Teams are usually pretty hesitant to trade for an injured player, even if it is only a short term thing.

There's only a handful of players I care about on this team, the rest can be traded at will.

Besides Kane, I wonder who everyone thinks Jbot will trade between now and the deadline.  

Lehner, Reinhart, Gorges, Pouliot, Larsson, Girgensons, KO, ROR, and Nylander have all been bandied about.

My thoughts are only Kane and Pouliot will be traded by the deadline. Gorges should and Falk could also go by the deadline if someone actually wanted either.  Lehner will be dealt over the summer.  I can see one or Larsson or Girgensons traded over the summer, but not both.  

Edited by Georgia Flakt

I still think we may get a "core shakeup" deal between now and the deadline, beyond the dealing of pending UFAs.

It would be Botterill trading a player he has evaluated and determined to not be in the long term plans, that he moves for a fair return. Not a blockbuster, just something fair value. Maybe a change of scenery type deal. It would point ever more clearly to the vision Botterill has for the type of team he wants to build.

We may only see pending UFAs being dealt, but it's just a hunch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.