Bogo out 4-6 Weeks with a LBI

Brawndo

I blame Botterill for this.    Moving Bogo and Moulson should have been his number 1 priority last summer... many of us said that.... but nooooooo, he wanted to give them a clean slate and judge them only on their performance this season.     What a huge .

No market for either player.

Yup. No one was taking either of them.

It was a challenge and he failed... sure nobody wants them, so you packaging them as part of a larger deal to a team that can eat their cap.

If Datsyuk and Pronger contracts can get traded, then so can Moulson and Bogosian.

Edited by pi2000

Do you guys really think that Dhalin will be a top pairing guy as a rookie?

I don't.  He is a great player and will very likely be a star in the NHL, but not a top pairing guy from the outset.  Although, he is likely to be drafted by a terrible team and will end up being a top pairing guy on that team.

Mike Schopp, who has an afternoon sports talk show on WGR Radio in Buffalo (sorry if I'm over explaining, I don't know how much you remember about Buffalo sports radio) -- Schopp, a man I like to listen to and love to hate -- has sometimes proposed that the Stanley Cup champion should draft first. Stop rewarding terribleness. It is a shame to see guys like Eichel and McDavid get banished to hockey outposts. Can you imagine McDavid on Chicago and Eichel on Tampa?

Edited by PASabreFan

Mike Schopp, who has an afternoon sports talk show on WGR Radio in Buffalo (sorry if I'm over explaining, I don't know how much you remember about Buffalo sports radio) -- Schopp, a man I like to listen to and love to hate -- has sometimes proposed that the Stanley Cup champion should draft first. Stop rewarding terribleness. It is a shame to see guys like Eichel and McDavid get banished to hockey outposts. Can you imagine McDavid on Chicago and Eichel on Tampa?

No, but without Eichel, I can imagine the Sabres breaking the NHL record for least points in a season. 

Makes no sense from a parity standpoint though. You'd end up like baseball where most years there are only a handful of teams who content year in and year out.

It was a challenge and he failed... sure nobody wants them, so you packaging them as part of a larger deal to a team that can eat their cap.

If Datsyuk and Pronger contracts can get traded, then so can Moulson and Bogosian.

Arizona picked up those contracts because they were tanking and needed to get to the cap floor.  There was no team setting up to tank this past offseason to trade two bad contracts.  You need a dance partner.  The dance ended when Matthews was drafted.

Arizona picked up those contracts because they were tanking and needed to get to the cap floor. There was no team setting up to tank this past offseason to trade two bad contracts. You need a dance partner. The dance ended when Matthews was drafted.

It was definitely possible though. We could have bribed Vegas with a prospect or draft picks and gotten them to take whomever we wanted in the expansion draft.

If we had offered them Nylander (for example) we probably could have gotten them to take Moulson and Bogosian. Imagine how easy it would have been to afford Kane then?

I'm sure if we offered them a prospect like Asplund or Pu we might have been able to at least unload one of them.

Edited by Alkoholist

It was definitely possible though. We could have bribed Vegas with a prospect or draft picks and gotten Vegas to take whomever we wanted in the expansion draft.

If we had offered them Nylander (for example) we probably could have gotten them to take Moulson and Bogosian. Imagine how easy it would have been to afford Kane then?

I'm sure if we offered them a prospect like Asplund or Pu we might have been able to at least unload one of them.

It would appear that Vegas knew what they were doing with their roster.  We never had a chance.

I'd keep Risto - Scandella - McCabe

if we are lucky we can add Dhalin.

Dhalin -  

Scandella - Risto

McCabe - Guhle

We likely don’t get Dahlin, but Boqvist would be a nice addition to a right side that currently only has Ristolainen.

They should get rid of the lottery.   It encourages teams to tank because every spot they drop gives them a better % chance of winning the number 1 pick.    Sans lottery, if the last place team is 20 points worse than the next best team, then you won't have teams trying to tank to improve their odds during the season... because they won't have any chance of getting the 1st pick.

They should get rid of the lottery.   It encourages teams to tank because every spot they drop gives them a better % chance of winning the number 1 pick.    Sans lottery, if the last place team is 20 points worse than the next best team, then you won't have teams trying to tank to improve their odds during the season... because they won't have any chance of getting the 1st pick.

Eric Lindros, Alexander Daigle, and Mario Lemieux disagree.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.