All About the NWHL

Eleven

I think calling a women's team slang for beautiful has less original thought behind it then naming a team after a weather event.

I count 7 teams in the WNBA named after things the weather channel would mention.

I count 7 teams in the WNBA named after things the weather channel would mention.

But that isn't the point. The point is a Women's team is named for beauty. What men's team is named after attractiveness? We don't have the "Houston Handsome" or the "Denver Dreamboats". 

But that isn't the point. The point is a Women's team is named for beauty. What men's team is named after attractiveness? We don't have the "Houston Handsome" or the "Denver Dreamboats".

Never said it was. I said Buffalo Blizzard is cliché.

Early 1990's I think (that History of Buffalo Sports night class is vaguely remembered).

Early 90's it was! I went to a bunch of those games. Rudy and Randy Pikuzinski! Look at these guys! Look at that hair!

8938-1848110Bk.jpg

rudy_pikuzinski.jpg

94bufbli-rockers-3-26-229x300.png

They used to have a Cub Scout night and we'd go for free. Also I once caught a ball and won a free pizza. Probably my earliest live sports memories are from Blizzard Soccer.

Early 90's it was! I went to a bunch of those games. Rudy and Randy Pikuzinski! Look at these guys! Look at that hair!

8938-1848110Bk.jpg

rudy_pikuzinski.jpg

94bufbli-rockers-3-26-229x300.pngThey used to have a Cub Scout night and we'd go for free. Also I once caught a ball and won a free pizza. Probably my earliest live sports memories are from Blizzard Soccer.

Pikuzinksi brothers were both from East Aurora and a couple of the best the area produced.

Fun games to attend. Employees from a lot of local businesses could get tix in the oranges for $5. Spend about the 1st half of the 1st quarter watching where the crowd was filling in & then head down to the beer rail in the reds & heckle Skippy the goalie. (Pretty sure he hated us almost as much as we couldn't stand him. Guy was awful. ;))

Good times; good times. :lol:

Pikuzinksi brothers were both from East Aurora and a couple of the best the area produced.

Fun games to attend. Employees from a lot of local businesses could get tix in the oranges for $5. Spend about the 1st half of the 1st quarter watching where the crowd was filling in & then head down to the beer rail in the reds & heckle Skippy the goalie. (Pretty sure he hated us almost as much as we couldn't stand him. Guy was awful. ;))

Good times; good times. :lol:

Those guys were awesome. One of them (I think Rudy based on the pictures above; I remember facial hair) came to the last day of the season thing for my house soccer league and somewhere I have a medal signed by him. It was the coolest thing to ever happen to me at that point in my life.

Those guys were awesome. One of them (I think Rudy based on the pictures above; I remember facial hair) came to the last day of the season thing for my house soccer league and somewhere I have a medal signed by him. It was the coolest thing to ever happen to me at that point in my life.

It probably would've been Rudy. He was the older brother and the (slightly) better player.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.