Potential Drafted College Free Agents

Crusader1969

I see some good wingers and think Schuldt is a definite player that we should target. Losing Brickley doesn't bother me all that much. I'd like Casey Mittelstadt's teammate Tyler Sheehy too. Sebastian Vidmar is a player I would love to add to Buffalo.

Thought there was a goaltender out there doing well any thoughts?

From hockey news 5'prospects to know

Dylan Sikura, RW, Northeastern University Huskies (Hockey East) – I’ve given Gaudette a lot of pub this season, so let’s share the love for Sikura, a silky playmaker who had two points of his own in the Beanpot final. Gaudette’s linemate, Sikura is a Chicago Blackhawks pick who is attracting a lot of attention right now – and with good reason. NHL arrival: 2018-19 (though there’s a chance he gets into a game this year)

Just one question.  Is it Sick-urr-ah or Sih-kur-ah?

Again big IF but if the Sabres land Dahlin 

with Dahlin, Risto and Borgen /Nelson as the RHD

and  Guhle, Scandella, McCabe on the LHD

are they a play off team next year? or too young and another year away? 

Exactly. People keep on talking about him being a left shot and assuming that he is a LD, but I thought that he's been playing RD.

Definitely Dahlin has been playing on the right side as a LHD. Not sure it means he will play on the right in the NHL or not. Hopefully the Sabres are the ones who have to make that decision.

Not too many examples of top D men in the NHL playing on their off-side, though. Doughty, Karlsson, Hedman, Josi, etc, every one I could find was playing on the “proper” side. I expect Dahlin does the same and ultimately plays on the left.

Not too many examples of top D men in the NHL playing on their off-side, though. Doughty, Karlsson, Hedman, Josi, etc, every one I could find was playing on the “proper” side. I expect Dahlin does the same and ultimately plays on the left.

IIRC there was a general movement in the league maybe 10 years ago towards pairing and playing D men on their "correct" side to better facilitate D man to D man passing so they weren't accepting passes on their backhand.  The game has become very D man puck moving in nature.  I don't see that changing any time soon. 

Hjalmarsson does it by choice, as did one of the Penguins' D a couple years ago. Daley, maybe. Sergachev did in juniors, not sure if he does in Tampa.

Those are the only ones I can think of that would like to do it. I remember during one of Detroit's last few good years, they were regularly dressing 6LHD because that's all they had. 

Any news or rumors about some college FAs for the Sabres?

no but Kris Baker tweeted that there some "chatter about Lawrence Pilut" plays on HV-71 in Sweden and is thought the be one of the top UFA's available.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=84938

From the Athletic Ottawa - 

Lawrence Pilut

One of two blueliners on this list, 22-year-old Lawrence Pilut is a left-shot defenceman that took the SHL by storm this season, and my favourite of the three players I'm about to profile. A dual citizen (U.S.) thanks to his dad, Larry, Pilut is a player who has quietly worked his way up through the HV71 system before breaking out this year with 38 points in 52 games — a mark that was good enough to lead his team in scoring and pace all SHL blueliners.

Pilut emerged as a regular for HV71 back in 2014-15, where, as a 19-year-old, he suited up for 48 games. He really came into his own last season, when his 12 points in 48 games and additional five points in 16 playoff games helped lead HV71 to a championship.

Edited by Crusader1969

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.