GDT: Sabres @ Vegas Golden Knights, 10 pm ET, 10/17/17

Doohickie

He went to the bench instead of hustling back, cost us a 2-1. GWG, where is he? In the ###### corner, slowing coming back. Result? His man is wide open in the slot for a snipe. Getting real tired of making excuses for him

Just noticed how long it took him to go get his stick. He was being lazy there and it cost them.

I'm cool with Eich

that was a far more general question than just pertaining to this iteration of the buffalo sabres

For me it's not though. Every single one of those things we missed out on panned out to an incredible level for other teams, whereas every single thing we have has panned out to an incredibly disappointing level. Not even an average level, but a clinically depressing one. Spent 5 years making excuses for these guys, and now all we're left with is hoping they'll adjust to the system. Eichel looks like , these guys don't try, and nobody has a clue what our lineup should be 90 percent of the time, after 3 years with the same forward group

This team is horrible in OT and shootouts. That’s a fact

really smartass? They keep losing and it won’t be long.

He has less than 10 games in. He's not going anywhere for 2 years. I'm frustrated, but he's not the issue. It's the players

Laine

Barkov, Pasternak...

Laine

How so? We weren't winning any lotto from 8. 

Find 10 posts where I said this and you win. Jesus how about admitting this team blows. That’s the problem with most Buffalo fans.

Sorry for exaggerating. Did you expect a different answer the fourth time you asked that question in this thread tonight?

And what does when a fan thinks Housley is going to be fired have to do with them being in denial about the state of the team?

We aren't good right now, and Phil will most likely get 2 years at least.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Question had nothing to do with the lottery. It was about how this team seems to always end up with the lemons.

I don't think not having Laine qualifies because we were trying to be good that season, and he's not better than Jack. 

It'd be sorta like being super bummed Stamkos isn't a Sabre, even though that Sabres team, while disappointing, was never anywhere close to getting him

4th line center is like defense against the dark arts teacher at Hogwarts, it's cursed.

+1

For me it's not though. Every single one of those things we missed out on panned out to an incredible level for other teams, whereas every single thing we have has panned out to an incredibly disappointing level. Not even an average level, but a clinically depressing one. Spent 5 years making excuses for these guys, and now all we're left with is hoping they'll adjust to the system. Eichel looks like ######, these guys don't try, and nobody has a clue what our lineup should be 90 percent of the time, after 3 years with the same forward group

Well, Eichel does have 9 points in 7 games, and more than McDavid, Matthews, Laine, Barkov....

I'm looking more in Sam's direction. Aside from accidentally scoring today (was trying to move when it hit his stick), he's not producing much of anything. He's supposed to be a playmaker. Why won't he make any plays? 0 assists in 7 games for a playmaker. Not good enough. He needs to be an important piece for us and he's got 2 points.

Okposo is producing even less. Ristolainen looks lost, as does McCabe.

No question the players suck. That’s obvious for anyone watching this shitshow the past six years. But coaches only last so long when losing streaks pile up

I've cited an example of a coach that was the coach of the worst non-expansion team in NHL history last season for his first year, and is back again this year. John Hynes in NJ, Hakstol in Philly, Peters in Carolina. 

Coaches of bad teams don't get fired right after one year generally.

We kept Bylsma for a second year and nobody was even mad at him during the first one. 

Coupled with the fact that Pegulas show a track record of keeping coaches 2 years, well, the're not firing Phil anytime soon unless we don't win another game this half.

Housley isn’t in danger yet. But another 10 games like this and he is. No coach has ever survived a record like that.

Like I just said, just last year, the coach of the Avs in his first season put up the worst record of a non-expansion team in NHL history, and is currently the coach of their nice start to this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.