Eichel Press Conference

Derrico

Hamilton:  Given any thought to being captain?

Eichel:  Whether you wear a letter or not, you can always be a leader.  Doesn't need to have a C or an A to be himself or to be a leader or to speak up when needed.  Up to the team and the coaching staff.

Unknown:  Is there going to be a captain this year?

JB:  We will not be announcing a captain to start the year.  Will continue to discuss with Phil.

Followup to Eichel:  Teammates are looking forward to the dinner they're going to have?

Eichel:  Guys usually aren't too modest with their orders but I'm glad to treat them...they make me a  better player and better person...

Edited by Eleven

This facebook live feed is absolute garbage

Sure is.  Started off fine but has turned to crap.

Though I did find this persons comment hilarious:

Eichel is a great american hockey player but needs a top ranked canadian to bring him to the next level that not many reach

Some Frenchy:  Who was the first teammate to hear the news?

Eichel:  Got a few texts from teammates and a few nice messages; I was with McCabe and Reinhart having dinner and I walked out to take a call from Mr. Pegula and I walked back in and they started laughing and congratulating me.

"keep Kaner off the wine"  :unsure:

Makes me wonder what the mood used to be like...

Loser mentality. 

Yeah I think that was an inside joke that didn't land with the media types in the room. Sounded like crickets.

They probably went out to dinner and Kane ordered some fancy expensive wine and now it's a running gag. 

Loser mentality. 

They probably went out to dinner and Kane ordered some fancy expensive wine and now it's a running gag. 

Exactly. If you're with a bunch of athlete-types and you order a sophisticated wine and start talking about "floral notes" or somesuch, you are going to get ribbed and they will remember.

Edited by Touched by Boyes

especially if it's sparkling wine... I could see a tame-ish dinner and then Kane ordering magnums of like Ace of Spades or getting a bunch of Dom... 

lol, I feel like Kane is a fancy red wine guy. I could see him ordering bottles of Dom though. 

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.