Eichel Press Conference

Derrico

Very short intro by JB; "introduced" Jack Eichel to applause.

It is on WGR and MSG. It was supposed to be on the Sabres facebook page as well but I'm not seeing it.

"I have so much to offer and so much to prove...."

Can't believe there's no video outside of MSG and facebook

Very short intro by JB; "introduced" Jack Eichel to applause.

It is on WGR and MSG. It was supposed to be on the Sabres facebook page as well but I'm not seeing it.

"I have so much to offer and so much to prove...."

A littled delayed but its up.

https://www.facebook.com/BuffaloSabres/videos/10155703072072954/

Harrington:  Give us an idea of the timetable of everything that developed yesterday...

Eichel:  Both sides wanted to get it done, I wanted to be in Buffalo, bunch of stuff that doesn't answer the question.  Was prepared to play without a new Kx.  

Wawrow:  You want to be seen and heard on and off the ice; does this contract reinforce that?

Eichel:  Yes, absolutely; that was my goal coming into camp, to be the guy people can rely on....wants to take on more responsibility...new Kx maximizes that [feeling]...might be more pressure now.

Hoppe:  Repeats Harrington timeline question, to JB this time.

JB:  Lots of things to talk about over the whole summer, goal for both parties was to get a deal done, everyone respected each other.  Compromise on both sides.  (Doesn't answer the question.)

Gleason:  How much of a role did you have in your own negotiations?  Did you tell [your agent] you want to be here for 8 years?

Eichel:  Wanted 8 years and told his agent that.   For the most part, he left it up to agent and JB.

Inaudible....

Eichel:  It's a lot of money and I'm grateful and humbled, etc. etc.

Inaudible again

Eichel:  This city means a lot to me and I hope I mean a lot to it as well....organization has given him every opportunity that he's wanted...wants to do something special here.

Ch2:  Last few days emotionally and mentally?

Eichel:  It's a bit overwhelming, not the Kx itself, but process is emotional.  Thinking of everything you've gone through your whole life and everything your family has done for you.

Unknown:  Can you reflect back to a year ago when it was a tougher situation (refers to ankle)?

Eichel:  It's been ups and downs, I can look at that adversity and .... negatively or positively ... learn a lot about yourself ... better for it ... more cliches...

LeBrun:  What kind of factor is the guy sitting on your left [JB]?  How much did that weigh in?

Eichel:  I had met Mr. Botterill before, know the type of guy who is running our organization, (general platitudes)...that's the type of person you want to be here ... I want to commit to him...

Ch7:  Any reason why you're more excited now than when you got here?

Eichel:  Everyone's a bit older and more experienced ... culture and team moving in great direction ... mindset of players is better every day ... mood in the room is better... excited to play hockey again.

Holy poop, LeBrun is in the room. "How much of an impact did (Botterill) have on you (signing this deal)?" 

LeBrun's was a great question.

(unknown to JB):  Describe importance of center position and how Jack fits in.

JB:  Exactly the response you'd expect to such a stupid ###### question.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.