Eichel Press Conference

Derrico

oenophile and vapid in the same thread ... there’s much to be grateful for .. oh, and the contract.

I’m not an expert, but I’ve always wished Buffalo had recognized top notch hockey journalists ... the criticism of the unskilled, admittedly..

oenophile and vapid in the same thread ... there’s much to be grateful for .. oh, and the contract.

I’m not an expert, but I’ve always wished Buffalo had recognized top notch hockey journalists ... the criticism of the unskilled, admittedly..

Jim Kelley was pretty well respected, but I agree. For the quality of the audience a virtuoso would have been much appreciated.

They did: Johnston & then Kelley after him.

Jim Kelley was pretty well respected, but I agree. For the quality of the audience a virtuoso would have been much appreciated.

Dick Johnston & Jim Kelley are both in the HHoF. How much more respect were people expecting?

Both great ones.

We will miss Vogl and Hoppe someday, too, I'd bet.  (Especially Hoppe.)

Absolutely, to the bolded.

Used to get the Sunday Buffalo Snooze delivered via USPS to be able to read Kelley's "Around the NHL" column. He is definitely missed.

Dick Johnston & Jim Kelley are both in the HHoF. How much more respect were people expecting?

Absolutely, to the bolded.

Used to get the Sunday Buffalo Snooze delivered via USPS to be able to read Kelley's "Around the NHL" column. He is definitely missed.

I used to deliver the damned thing.  Not by USPS.  By Eleven and sister.  February Sunday mornings sucked.

I wrote “I’ve always wished.”

Wrong words ... I’ve LONG wished. Kelley and Johnston were heroes of mine, so many years ago. “Around the NHL.”

I wonder if the shine of youth separates them from Vogl and Hoppe, in my mind, as much or more than insight and prose.

Oh, and I, too, toted the BN bag. I was a CE kid, though.

I wrote “I’ve always wished.”

Wrong words ... I’ve LONG wished. Kelley and Johnston were heroes of mine, so many years ago. “Around the NHL.”

I wonder if the shine of youth separates them from Vogl and Hoppe, in my mind, as much or more than insight and prose.

Oh, and I, too, toted the BN bag. I was a CE kid, though.

<------- Pennysaver

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.