Eichel Press Conference

Derrico

I can see Kane being the guy who equates price with quality.

--Signed, guy who knows that the best bottle in the liquor store is usually about $30.

What's the best bottle in the liquor store? 

I will say that my preferred rum is cheap yet better than Bacardi. 

I can see Evander being a wine guy. 

I can see Evander being the guy who is known for drinking his face off. 

I used to be the guy in the group everyone would joke about. It wasn't (always) meant negatively, just an expression of "he's the one who is going to run your tab up if you open it because he likes to party". 

I can see Evander being the guy who is known for drinking his face off. 

I used to be the guy in the group everyone would joke about. It wasn't (always) meant negatively, just an expression of "he's the one who is going to run your tab up if you open it because he likes to party". 

Also logical. 

Some Frenchy:  Who was the first teammate to hear the news?

Eichel:  Got a few texts from teammates and a few nice messages; I was with McCabe and Reinhart having dinner and I walked out to take a call from Mr. Pegula and I walked back in and they started laughing and congratulating me.

He had to pause when he said sitting on the couch having.......dinner 

He was just about to say having some beers

Also logical. 

I get the feeling Eichel (and the rest of the team) ended up being a positive influence on Kane after his string of incidents. And I think it's why he and Kane have the respect for each other that they do. Seemed to me his comment was a tip of the hat to how close they are now. 

What's the best bottle in the liquor store? 

I will say that my preferred rum is cheap yet better than Bacardi. 

So I have two friends who own liquor stores.  I am hardly an oenophile.  But I know from them that the cheap stuff is cheap for a reason, and that the expensive stuff is REALLY overpriced to make people think they're buying quality.  The good wines are the ones priced in between.

Same goes for dining out; best practice is to pick a bottle in the midrange unless you know what you're doing (and I don't).

Eichel talking about "bringing a good mood to the rink" is interesting... 

Between that and the quote someone posted yesterday about how he wants to know some stuff about his coach as a person -- he's an interesting dude.

I think it was Paul Hamilton who said yesterday that Eichel likes Kane a lot, and that the alleged taking a little less money could be to get team to sign Kane to long term deal. Don't kill the messenger.

The video posted today of the circle after practice - Kane was the first one to reach Eichel in the middle.

Eichel has more than a little of the Boston arsehole swagger to him. I can see him liking Evander's outlook on life.

So I have two friends who own liquor stores.  I am hardly an oenophile.  But I know from them that the cheap stuff is cheap for a reason, and that the expensive stuff is REALLY overpriced to make people think they're buying quality.  The good wines are the ones priced in between.

Same goes for dining out; best practice is to pick a bottle in the midrange unless you know what you're doing (and I don't).

Concur. I've had three chances over the years to differentiate between a ~$150 bottle and a ~$25 bottle. I'm 0-for-3.

I can see Kane being the guy who equates price with quality.

--Signed, guy who knows that the best bottle in the liquor store is usually about $30.

NPR had a story about that a year or two ago.  They said look for the $20-40 bottle with the prettiest label, because paying more isn't worth it and there's a pretty decent standard of quality at that price point.

--Signed, guy who's just as happy with a $6 bottle of Merlot from Costco.

Said it before but Kane seems to actually like it here. Maybe I was wrong, maybe he would stay for a decent deal

Look at it this way:  If Jack took less specifically to make some cap room for Evander, and Kaner doesn't take a reasonable (if somewhat discounted) offer, they're not really friends.

Look at it this way:  If Jack took less specifically to make some cap room for Evander, and Kaner doesn't take a reasonable (if somewhat discounted) offer, they're not really friends.

Unless he did it for other players in general. Or for Reinhart as a nice promise ring

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.