GDT Buffalo Prospects Challenge New Jersey 9-8-17 7:00

rakish

Agree with those who say Bailey was impressive.

Agree with those who say Bailey needs to actually produce before he can be considered effective.

Guys with expectations who didn't meet them: Fasching and Baptiste.

Guys with no expectations who caught my eye in a good way: no one really.

Wasn't overwhelmed by Nylander or Guhle, but one could see why they are among our most touted prospects.

Best I've seen Pu look in a Sabres uniform.

Edited by dudacek

If I could guarantee no injuries it would be fun to stick Jack in this thing and watch him clown around.

I took away that Jack in rookie year and Sam in his 2nd were so far ahead of anyone out there tonight. We forget how good both are even if they majically haven't storked a cup on the city.  Nylander is an elite talent that will be as good or better than his brother.  Not just yet.  Bailey is a career AHLer.  No instinct for the flow of a game.  He is physically superior to just about everyone out there and it just doesn't process fast enough.  

Better more creative players need similar types of players to allow their skills to shine. There weren't enough on our side to make individual assessments.  Guhle will be a solid NHLer but maybe not a 1 or 2.  But he can skate. Asplund and Casey tilt the ice in our favor.  Hockey is back, at last.

I took away that Jack in rookie year and Sam in his 2nd were so far ahead of anyone out there tonight. We forget how good both are even if they majically haven't storked a cup on the city.  Nylander is an elite talent that will be as good or better than his brother.  Not just yet.  Bailey is a career AHLer.  No instinct for the flow of a game.  He is physically superior to just about everyone out there and it just doesn't process fast enough.  

Better more creative players need similar types of players to allow their skills to shine. There weren't enough on our side to make individual assessments.  Guhle will be a solid NHLer but maybe not a 1 or 2.  But he can skate. Asplund and Casey tilt the ice in our favor.  Hockey is back, at last.

I'd bet $500 that the bold never happens.

Nice post, especially that first point. I often find myself losing context with those two.

Nice post, especially that first point. I often find myself losing context with those two.

Set a time frame and name you charity.  There are subtle things he does that are sublime. He needs the right environment that fosters a belief in his abilities.  As to the second thank you.  Your opinion is valued.

Right? Sam is damn good. I forget too sometimes. There's been a TON of great young talent coming into the league lately. 89 points in the NHL. At 20 and 21. On a bad team. Sam is really good.

Let's not trade him. Let's trade Nylander if we must trade a young forward. Can you imagine Nylander scoring 42 points in the NHL this year? Sam did that.

PS; let's set judgement day for after you finish school.  Might be just enough time for a fair assessment.

Right? Sam is damn good. I forget too sometimes. There's been a TON of great young talent coming into the league lately. 89 points in the NHL. At 20 and 21. On a bad team. Sam is really good.

Let's not trade him. Let's trade Nylander if we must trade a young forward. Can you imagine Nylander scoring 42 points in the NHL this year? Sam did that.

Actually if used properly I can.  I am not quick to bail on top 10 picks.  There is a reason they were so highly regarded.

PS; let's set judgement day for after you finish school.  Might be just enough time for a fair assessment.

Actually if used properly I can.  I am not quick to bail on top 10 picks.  There is a reason they were so highly regarded.

I'm not bailing on him. But Reinhart is/was a significantly better prospect.

Set a time frame and name you charity.  There are subtle things he does that are sublime. He needs the right environment that fosters a belief in his abilities.  As to the second thank you.  Your opinion is valued.

I mean Willie has already hit a level that will never be reached by Alex, much less what he gets to over the next two seasons :P

As far as actually doing it, you pick the charity, I don't know anything about any of them. I think the time that it would actually require is quite long, but as long as someone reminds me this bet exists I'd pony up if I lost. Personally, I think it'll be clear within the next three years but I don't think it'd be fair to call it before Alex hits 25 or 26. 

And you're right about school :P If I actually had 500 dollars I would purchase a mattress so that I'm not sleeping on a half-deflated air mattress every night on the ground, with 1 other piece of furniture to speak of :lol:

Edited by Randall Flagg

I swear it's really hard to find a score. Wgr is useless and NHL com has zilch. I knew it went to OT but what happened? Who won?

It froze when I was watching, but it was going into OT and when it came back the team in white was celebrating. So, 4-3 NJD I think.

I'm reasonably confident that if you staple Alex to Jack's hip, like Willie was to Matthews', and give him PP1 time, he'd get to ~55 this year. I don't expect either of those things to happen, at least until December. 

Nobody could pass tonight, I swear every prime scoring chance was ruined by a pass to the skates. 

I've been critical of Hamilton's play by play in the past, but I thought he was quite good tonight, and thought he had some good chemistry with Duff. A pleasant listen all around.

I think Bailey can be an NHL player, but I'm becoming more convinced that he's an energy guy on the 4th line...and I'm not sure he'd accept such a role.

Baptiste was disappointing, I expected more.

It was pretty clear to me there were no natural centers on the ice.

The blue line was a disaster--Guhle definitely needs some real Rochester time. Good thing Botterill added enough on the blue line to facilitate this.

Hischier had some flashes, but didn't show me a whole lot. Then again, I fully expect NJ to stifle his talent. C'est la vie.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.