Hypothetically, Hischier or Patrick make Reinhart expendable?

LGR4GM

I just love Kane with EIchel, I think they work really well together. Kane-Eichel-Okposo would be fire, as the kids say.

Kane with Eichel was certainly better this year than last, but I still don't think it's an especially great fit--Kane's still much more of a volume scorer than a true finisher. I'm with Dudacek that Eichel's ideal line includes a skilled plumber (Fasching/Carrier given the current roster) and a high-IQ skill player like Nylander. Nylander may not be ready, but I think Baptiste would be a nice trigger man in the interim. And from a team perspective, I think we're a lot harder to defend if Eichel is driving one line and Kane is free to be more puck dominant.

Kane with Eichel was certainly better this year than last, but I still don't think it's an especially great fit--Kane's still much more of a volume scorer than a true finisher. I'm with Dudacek that Eichel's ideal line includes a skilled plumber (Fasching/Carrier given the current roster) and a high-IQ skill player like Nylander. Nylander may not be ready, but I think Baptiste would be a nice trigger man in the interim. And from a team perspective, I think we're a lot harder to defend if Eichel is driving one line and Kane is free to be more puck dominant.

I do think he needs a purer scorer, but Kane as a power forward with the way Eichel can see the ice and skate is great. If Nylander is the guy we think/hope he is, him as the other winger is probably ideal, a true sniper to fill out that line. I do like Bailey/Baptiste in the interim. I want to see them A LOT more next year.

I do think he needs a purer scorer, but Kane as a power forward with the way Eichel can see the ice and skate is great. If Nylander is the guy we think/hope he is, him as the other winger is probably ideal, a true sniper to fill out that line. I do like Bailey/Baptiste in the interim. I want to see them A LOT more next year.

At least a few people are going to think this sounds completely insane, but I think Kane-Eichel-Nylander is too much skill on one line. There's only one puck, after all. My dream lineup is three balanced lines, each having two skill guys and one role player.

At least a few people are going to think this sounds completely insane, but I think Kane-Eichel-Nylander is too much skill on one line. There's only one puck, after all. My dream lineup is three balanced lines, each having two skill guys and one role player.

I'd put ROR on the wing and Eichel as his center. Okposo and Kane with Reinhart.

As I sit here watching the Habs giving Galchenyuk 10 minutes of ice time, I can't help but wonder...let's say Reinhart for Hanifin materializes. What's everyone's interest in targeting Galchenyuk to help fill the forward void? What are the chances Montreal sells low on him?

Edited by TrueBlueGED

As I sit here watching the Habs giving Galchenyuk 10 minutes of ice time, I can't help but wonder...let's say Reinhart for Hanifin materializes. What's everyone's interest in targeting Galchenyuk to help fill the forward void? What are the chances Montreal sells low on him?

Cost would be the question. If Reinhart does get traded, I want the Sabres looking at Owen Tippett in the first round

Now that two coaches are doing that to Chucky, I wonder if there's something we don't know.

His season last year still makes it look bizarre.

*shrug*

Multiple coaches on Winnipeg thought Kane's best spot was on the 3rd line away from the most skilled players. Now most people here consider him a core piece.

Cost would be the question. If Reinhart does get traded, I want the Sabres looking at Owen Tippett in the first round

For sure, which is why I pondered whether they'd be selling low, or if they'd still expect full value. And Tippett would be fine, but would do nothing in the near term to replace the rather sizeable hole that Reinhart's departure would create.

*shrug*

Multiple coaches on Winnipeg thought Kane's best spot was on the 3rd line away from the most skilled players. Now most people here consider him a core piece on the 3rd line.

For sure, which is why I pondered whether they'd be selling low, or if they'd still expect full value. And Tippett would be fine, but would do nothing in the near term to replace the rather sizeable hole that Reinhart's departure would create.

Fixed that for you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.