Bucky tears into Pegulas — "At what point does the honeymoon end?"

PASabreFan

I hate to revisit this, but here's what he said and the thesis of the article.

You hate Bucky. That's fine, but that's a far cry from lobbing Molotov cocktails. Seems like the only extremist position here is yours.

"I'm not the puppet, you're the puppet!" :rolleyes:

Bucky flat out says, in the part you quoted, it's an either/or proposition--you cannot be grateful for the civic stuff and critical of the teams' performance. What a bunch of hooey.

"I'm not the puppet, you're the puppet!" :rolleyes:

Bucky flat out says, in the part you quoted, it's an either/or proposition--you cannot be grateful for the civic stuff and critical of the teams' performance. What a bunch of hooey.

Isn't he saying that we are doing that very thing now, then asking how much longer that will last?

Isn't he saying that we are doing that very thing now, then asking how much longer that will last?

He's saying fans are struggling with which to choose. Which, of course, implies a choice has to be made at all. Again, in Becky's world, you can only be grateful for the "other stuff" or dissatisfied with the team stuff. It's a false choice--you can be both of these things simultaneously.

He's saying fans are struggling with which to choose. Which, of course, implies a choice has to be made at all. Again, in Becky's world, you can only be grateful for the "other stuff" or dissatisfied with the team stuff. It's a false choice--you can be both of these things simultaneously.

I'm still trying to see where anything he has written here is wrong. If the losing continues, people will absolutely start to make that choice.

I have 0 issues with the Pegulas

Not easy righting this ship what has me laughing hysterically is the thought that all of our sports woes would be fixed easily and quickly when the Pegulas came into town.

Finding the right GM or Coach has as much to do with who is available and who wants to come to a small market like Buffalo as it does actually making the choice to offer a job to sed person.  We ended up with Blysma because that was the best of the rest at the time.......  Not many other coaches with real experience and some measurable success available at that time, and hindsight is always 20/20 for Buffalo sports fans...  So all this jumping up and down on GMTM for hiring him really confuses the hell out of me given the reality.

Reading how if we don't find a top 2 defense man or 2 this off season means GMTM has to go is just a strange thing to think because more than likely the end decision on who is coming and who is not has just as much to do with personal choices of the player/agent. I fully expect an all out pursuit for defense man.. That's all I ask.. The end results will be up to player and out of anyones hands..... the Sabres and Pegulas will roll out the red carpet for any potential FA.... That is all they can do

Were moving forward in both franchises and changes are being made often to continue to right the ship so not much else can be done but to stay a fan and watch wait and hope.

Keep grinding those axes Buffalonians, you've got the sharpest ones in the shed. The overwhelming daily wade into negativity makes the day so much brighter...

Edited by ddaryl

Many already decided it's only worth $10 or less to attend a game.

Exactly. The only real way a fan can voice their displeasure with the product is with their wallet. The Sabres brass is probably aware of the secondary ticket market but it doesn't impact them financially. The real impact will occur once the waiting list for season tickets disappears.

Exactly. The only real way a fan can voice their displeasure with the product is with their wallet. The Sabres brass is probably aware of the secondary ticket market but it doesn't impact them financially. The real impact will occur once the waiting list for season tickets disappears.

I assume that Stub Hub and SeetGeek pay the home team a fee for reselling their seats due to the very high cost of the fees. Not sure if it's a flat fee or percentage based, but if tickets don't sell, they see a declining revenue.

I assume that Stub Hub and SeetGeek pay the home team a fee for reselling their seats due to the very high cost of the fees. Not sure if it's a flat fee or percentage based, but if tickets don't sell, they see a declining revenue.

I'm sure they do pay, especially considering StubHub and the Sabres (and most if not all NHL teans) have an "official reseller" relationship with them. The Sabres STH account site links directly with StubHub.

It's no secret most STHers sell a good number of tickets. Most folks can't go to all 41 games and it helps cover some of the cost of owning them. But it's been going on four seasons now where the average resale price is a fraction of what STHers pay.

So now everyone is losing money. Instead of paying a few hundred bucks or breaking even, now you have to drop thousands to renew. So if it were you, and you dropped thousands on seats thinking this was the season things start to trend up, and it turned out financially as bad if not worse than the tank years, what would you do?

I think the Sabres know they could lose thousands of seat holders and are nervous about it. A few months back they sent a survey out asking how likely you are to renew?

The downside of this practice is you end up with some games full of opposing fans. We all hate Leafs fans invading our building, but keep in mind we do it to other teams too. But in my opinion if you lose those seat buyers you end up back in the late Rigas era with a half-empty building, and I think that's worse.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.