GDT:Nashville at Buffalo 2/28/16 7 pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

I agree that Byslma runs a tired, outdated system.  But, I still don't think this team has enough talent to compete with the "big boys."  We have some nice players in Kane, Risto, Eichel, and Okposo.  But, compare our roster to Washington or Chicago or Pittsburgh or Nashville or San Jose or Minnesota... and we just don't stack up top-to-bottom.

I agree that Byslma runs a tired, outdated system.  But, I still don't think this team has enough talent to compete with the "big boys."  We have some nice players in Kane, Risto, Eichel, and Okposo.  But, compare our roster to Washington or Chicago or Pittsburgh or Nashville or San Jose or Minnesota... and we just don't stack up top-to-bottom.

Not to the top teams, no. But that's not where we're supposed to be. We're supposed to stack up with Boston, Philly, and the Rags. We're supposed to be where Toronto is

I agree that Byslma runs a tired, outdated system. But, I still don't think this team has enough talent to compete with the "big boys." We have some nice players in Kane, Risto, Eichel, and Okposo. But, compare our roster to Washington or Chicago or Pittsburgh or Nashville or San Jose or Minnesota... and we just don't stack up top-to-bottom.

In Murray's defense, he's only had 3 years to work on this.

How long you got then. The franchise is fooked!!!

Exactly Jacque! I can still remember getting excited over Sabre hockey. They are losing a new generation of kids with this garbage that has been going on closing in on a decade now. I know Terry has the money but players also want to know they are in an environment that wants to win, that will not settle. I am not seeing it here. No desperation anymore, trot out more crap and lets see where it goes. That to me is why it may be difficult enticing new players to come. How are things in Rochester? How are the Amerks doing cultivating our youth prospects? That will tell you how our "farm is" because it may be the only way we can get players. Via draft and then hoping they are coached well at that level. This season has been a tremendous disappointment. Even more so when you watch the team down the highway play. I feel they are already miles ahead of us. The games we do win, Lehner has to stand on his head. Poor Okposo, he took the chance and is having a decent year. I wonder what's going through his head as the Isles have nicely rebounded.

Not for nothing, but I'd argue free agents getting a big payday don't really care about their chances of winning.  The way it's structured, they have one chance to cash in and one chance only. 

Agree on this year being a total disappointment, and there are a lot of people to blame.  Bylsma for playing a boring, passive style when the team is frontloaded with their talent.  Murray for building a team with 4 dogs on the d corps.  And injuries.

Very curious to see how tomorrow plays out.  This was basically the worst possible scenario coming out of the break, and we may see a shakeup for the sake of a shakeup. 

Not to the top teams, no. But that's not where we're supposed to be. We're supposed to stack up with Boston, Philly, and the Rags. We're supposed to be where Toronto is

Yeah, what he said.

That & the Snarks have been & always will be the Sabres' biotches. :p

Right on Potato! You watch those teams play and it is night and day. Those thoughts run through my head as well. Even if we squeaked into a playoff spot, our ass would be handed to us in round one. Thanks for coming out! We need plenty more then what we have.

This has been evident since Jack was out. We could field one decent line. He comes Back we have 2. I also think ROR is underperforming at an epic level in light of what he is getting paid.

Remember early in the season when they were scoring like 0.8 goals per game, and we all said, "It's bad enough to watch them lose, but if they're gonna lose, I'd rather see them lose 5-4 instead of 1-0.  Remember that?

I had loads of fun watching this game, until the end. I take this over the first two months 100000 times out of 10.

This has been evident since Jack was out. We could field one decent line. He comes Back we have 2. I also think ROR is underperforming at an epic level in light of what he is getting paid.

I think he should be on Jack's wing. Or the 2nd line center

No, it's becoming impossible to find any reason to think his ability to identify defensemen isn't completely awful.

I mean, he did keep Risto and McCabe

It's becoming hard to put faith in Murray's evaluation of blue line talent

Not just that, but management of overall assets and the salary cap.  He came into a situation where he had huge cap space and draft assets to spend.  And that turned into Bogosian, Gorges, Lehner, Gionta, Moulson, and Cody McCormick.

Love his interviews but I'm very concerned with the building of the team and sitting by Bylsma for this long. 

it's funny how when the team loses it's the coach's fault but when it wins, it's never to the coach's credit. Players have to be better.

Cause even when they win, Harrington, they're outplayed, outshot, out chanced, and out everything else. It's almost as if you don't follow the games

Not just that, but management of overall assets and the salary cap.  He came into a situation where he had huge cap space and draft assets to spend.  And that turned into Bogosian, Gorges, Lehner, Gionta, Moulson, and Cody McCormick.

Love his interviews but I'm very concerned with the building of the team and sitting by Bylsma for this long. 

Wel tbf we all loved that Moulson signing, McCormick wasn't for anything but a roster spot, Gorges and Gionta were for leadership (and while Gorges blows, he's done that. And Gionta has more than lived up to the bill), Lehner has been amazing lately, and, well, Bogosian sucks

Hahaha

I know it's hard to believe, but skating is Kulikov's best asset. He's just not supposed to use that asset, which is why you think he's too slow.

I do wonder this a lot with Dan. Stretch passes from behind our net aren't exactly doing favors for our d-men

The players can simultaneously need to be a lot better while still playing a garbage system. 

We are the worst passing transition team I've seen in the NHL this season. Well actually, Colorado was worse. But even the Yotes made our support/transition look worse than theirs, and it may have been our most successful game in that regard all season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.