GDT:Nashville at Buffalo 2/28/16 7 pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

I think we were one or two shots behind at the second intermission (although we had far more shots in the first period).

Yep. It was one. That was me misremembering. Although, I think Nashville attempted a lot more.

Edited by SwampD

No he isn't, but he has been put into a terrible position and into terrible situations.

I do agree that he looks lost out there, but I do not think that's on him.

And I am one of the biggest supporters (maybe the only one left at this point) of our coach anywhere.

No, I think he's certainly terrible, relative to what we are paying him. He's a terrible contract. We won't ever be a contender with him occupying a spot in our top 4.

He needs to be able to play in tough situations given where his salary dictates he should slot in on our roster, and he so far has fallen well short of what we need him to be.

Are you going from memory here? I just rewatched it this morning and that's not quite true.

Also, we were being outshot by a lot before the third even started.

Yes, memory.

I believe we where being out shot starting from the drop of the puck after our second goal(? give or take a minute or two).

But I can't always tell, until we are doing it for some time, the fore-check they are implementing. So I use goals as yard sticks.

The fore-checking scheme is constantly modified by how far ahead or behind we are in the game. So my yard stick as to when we became a very passive fore-check to a super passive fore-check all starts with the third period McCabe goal. We had ebbed and flowed passive/aggressive up until that point.

Not sure if I make sense.

Edit.

Prior to McCabe scoring. 1-2-2 and 2-1-2 schemes. High speed and tempo trying to gain the zone entry.

After that goal.

Passive 1-2-2 to a 0-2-3* to a 0-5. It just got more passive as the game wound down.

* 2 forwards posted at the blue line, the rest behind center ice.

Edited by Woods-Racer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.