GDT:Rangers at Sabres 7:30 PM EST 2/2/2017 NBCSN

The Dominator

I caught the 2nd and 3rd, it looked pretty bad.... As much as I'd like to comment on bad officials, I just can't... That penalty in OT clearly stopped grabner from most likely scoring, and the Sabres just cannot keep zone pressure to save their lives.

We just aren't that good

Even the Rags fans around me--and there were plenty--conceded that the call was pretty weak.

Well, at least we didn't have to see Lehner in a shootout - he left the right side of the net wide open, and made it easy for the Rangers to win in OT.

Both teams looked lousy.  and now we're fully 10 wins behind .500

BTW, only 4 pages for a game day thread and it's only early February.  We'll be lucky to see 3 pages by April.  LOL

Well, at least we didn't have to see Lehner in a shootout - he left the right side of the net wide open, and made it easy for the Rangers to win in OT.

I can't believe Lehner can't cover both sides of the net at the same time.

What a waste of space.

The penalty was about to expire they would be 4 on 4 until a whistle.  When the pass didn't connect he pressurred the puck and when Hank calmly played it by him he was stuck and went off for a change creating the 4 on 3 situation. If he needed to get off, get off and we would have been ae to match the rush.  Situational awareness.  That is taught at he pee wee level. Kulikov did show any and makes a few similar head scratchers a game.  Turning point? No. But I think these type of plays are what DD is talking about when he preaches playing the right way.  That was a high risk low reward situation.  Not a DD supporter, but I think he sees this as a problem as do.  Foligno, Ennis, Dlo and Bogosian are other habitual offenders.

The penalty still had 8 seconds on it while Kulikov was going back to the bench. Fedun wasn't released until the play was at the Sabres' blue line. He (or his replacement) never made it into the camera frame before the goal was scored. The player that replaced Kulikov (Falk IIRC) was in position during the entire rush back into the Sabres' zone.

Not sure why you can't/won't understand that the reason it was a 4 on 3 WAS BECAUSE THE SABRES WERE STILL KILLING A PENALTY. It was NOT due to Kulikov getting caught up ice.

Should he have challenged Lundqvist? No. But that was not the reason there was a 4 on 3 rush. And, as you noted, it was a 4 on 3, not a 4 on 2, which would've happened if Kulikov was caught up ice.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.