Which Sabres Will Make the Centennial 100?

Eleven

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we know the answers now:  Hasek, Perreault, Fuhr, and LaFontaine.

Fuhr wasn't a great goaltender, but he did backstop a number of Cup winners, so I guess I'm ok with it?

IMO, both Hawerchuk and Mogilny were snubbed at the expense of LaFontaine.

So, two 'real' Sabres and some 'they also played for the Sabres'.

I did not check the whole list, but I agree that the snub of both Ducky and Alex the Great (original version) is a black mark on this thing.

Are you saying that Ducky and Alex did not make the list at all, or just not as Sabres?

So, two 'real' Sabres and some 'they also played for the Sabres'.

I did not check the whole list, but I agree that the snub of both Ducky and Alex the Great (original version) is a black mark on this thing.

Are you saying that Ducky and Alex did not make the list at all, or just not as Sabres?

No one really made the list as a representative of any particular team.  So Hawerchuk and Mogilny did not make the list at all.  Nor did Housley, but I don't really have a problem with that.

No one really made the list as a representative of any particular team.  So Hawerchuk and Mogilny did not make the list at all.  Nor did Housley, but I don't really have a problem with that.

Gotcha. 

I think all three of those are deserving, but it is really hard to pick a top 100 in 100 years of greatness.

I can't believe Toews made it over Malkin and Thornton. There are other issues I have, but that one really sticks out to me.

I suppose post season results is why he got in over Thornton.  I'd have to be convinced that it makes sense though.

Malkin should have been in over Toews, period.

Hawerchuk is in the top 20 of scoring all time and only Lemieux played less games.

Thornton should have been in there too.

No Malkin? Really? Cup winner and Calder, Conn Smythe, Art Ross and Hart trophies...

Even Lapointe should have been on there.

I can't believe Toews made it over Malkin and Thornton. There are other issues I have, but that one really sticks out to me.

I suppose post season results is why he got in over Thornton.  I'd have to be convinced that it makes sense though.

Malkin should have been in over Toews, period.

Malkin over Toews?!! I know he has better numbers all around, by far, is more dynamic, and has multiple championships and a Conn Smythe as well, but, Toews is a good Canadian boy!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.