Brycen Martin Signs ELC with Sabres

Brawndo

Smooth skating, mobile guy in a decent sized frame. Sounds like he can help in Roch.

What's the projection? 2 years in Roch? 3-4 D after that? Bust out of the league? Phenom?

In 2015, Brycen Martin had a very good half season, and a very ordinary half season.

This is very good:

2015-16 Saskatoon Blades  [A] WHL 25 3 21 24

but this, not so much

Everett Silvertips WHL 41 3 10 13

At least part of this can be attributed to moving to a team with a better prospect (Montreal's Noah Juulsen) and the criminally undrafted Cole MacDonald

In my draft rankings, his 2015 Saskatoon half season I have Martin as the 5th best defensemen in that age group (Desroacher was drafted as an overager the next year).  As you can see, the entire group except Ekblad is outside the NHL.

1 AARON EKBLAD NHL 1970
2 TRAVIS SANHEIM WHL 1082
3 JAKE WALMAN NCAA 817
4 JULIUS HONKA AHL 552
5 BRYCEN MARTIN WHL 517
6 ANTHONY DEANGELO AHL 507
7 HAYDN FLEURY WHL 498
8 KYLE WOOD OHL 471
9 STEPHEN DESROCHER OHL 440
10 ROLAND MCKEOWN OHL427

yet his Everett half season came in as the 52nd best in 2015 for that draft class.  I generally average those numbers if he stays in the same league, so in my pipeline list he ended up 5th behind Fasching, Borgan, Guhle, and Estephan.  If the 5th in draft class represents reality, he's either first or second in the pipeline, if 52nd is real, then he's off the pipeline list completely.

2014, in my model, he comes in 26th and 40th, between his two half years.

In 2013, as predraft players, he came in 3rd for defensemen in his age group

In 2012, as 16  year olds, he came in 2nd.

So the model really likes him (meaning he can score, and he's not small), at least early in his career and the 2015 good half season.

In 2015, Brycen Martin had a very good half season, and a very ordinary half season.

This is very good:

2015-16 Saskatoon Blades  [A] WHL 25 3 21 24

but this, not so much

Everett Silvertips WHL 41 3 10 13

At least part of this can be attributed to moving to a team with a better prospect (Montreal's Noah Juulsen) and the criminally undrafted Cole MacDonald

In my draft rankings, his 2015 Saskatoon half season I have Martin as the 5th best defensemen in that age group (Desroacher was drafted as an overager the next year).  As you can see, the entire group except Ekblad is outside the NHL.

1 AARON EKBLAD NHL 1970

2 TRAVIS SANHEIM WHL 1082

3 JAKE WALMAN NCAA 817

4 JULIUS HONKA AHL 552

5 BRYCEN MARTIN WHL 517

6 ANTHONY DEANGELO AHL 507

7 HAYDN FLEURY WHL 498

8 KYLE WOOD OHL 471

9 STEPHEN DESROCHER OHL 440

10 ROLAND MCKEOWN OHL427

yet his Everett half season came in as the 52nd best in 2015 for that draft class.  I generally average those numbers if he stays in the same league, so in my pipeline list he ended up 5th behind Fasching, Borgan, Guhle, and Estephan.  If the 5th in draft class represents reality, he's either first or second in the pipeline, if 52nd is real, then he's off the pipeline list completely.

2014, in my model, he comes in 26th and 40th, between his two half years.

In 2013, as predraft players, he came in 3rd for defensemen in his age group

In 2012, as 16  year olds, he came in 2nd.

So the model really likes him (meaning he can score, and he's not small), at least early in his career and the 2015 good half season.

I love the stats that you bring Rak!  That's pretty good for a mid-to-late 3rd round pick.  Something to look forward to in Rochester.

It's Brycen, isn't it?  And it might as well read "ELC with Amerks," because this kid isn't making the big club on a regular basis.  Yes, I'll charity bet that.

I thought it was Brycen.

And yeah, he's not big league talent IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.