Ads on NBA Jerseys (Starting 2017)

WildCard

• 1 month later...

Yet another reason to hate the Leafs

The new chief executive of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment said he supports placing advertising patches on NHL jerseys, despite the blowback the Original Six team might receive from hockey traditionalists.

http://www.tsn.ca/ads-on-nhl-jerseys-fine-says-mlse-boss-1.504460

Yet another reason to hate the Leafs

http://www.tsn.ca/ads-on-nhl-jerseys-fine-says-mlse-boss-1.504460

What a shock that the guy who works for a large corporation is ok with advertising on jerseys. I agree with Eleven that it's basically inevitable. I'm just glad I already own all the Sabres jerseys I ever plan on buying so I won't ever have the need to pay money to buy a jersey with adds on it for Coca-Cola, Verizon, or whatever companies pay for ads on jerseys. I've got a throwback blue, throwback white, black goathead, and a white goathead. No ads, no slugs, no gray armpits, no capes, or any of that nonsense.

Edited by Drunkard

What a shock that the guy who works for a large corporation is ok with advertising on jerseys. I agree with Eleven that it's basically inevitable. I'm just glad I already own all the Sabres jerseys I ever plan on buying so I won't ever have the need to pay money to buy a jersey with adds on it for Coca-Cola, Verizon, or whatever companies pay for ads on jerseys. I've got a throwback blue, throwback white, black goathead, and a white goathead. No ads, no slugs, no gray armpits, no capes, or any of that nonsense.

What are you going to do when your kid wants one?

(EDIT:  Please don't get me wrong.  I am very much against ads on sweaters.  I was very much against ads on the ice.  I was sort of against ads on the boards.  We're all so used to it now, and I think we will be with the sweaters as well.)

Edited by Eleven

Tell him what I always tell him. Save your money and buy it yourself. It's amazing how much more children appreciate things that they have to pay for.

Tell him what I always tell him. Save your money and buy it yourself. It's amazing how much more children appreciate things that they have to pay for.

Ok, what are you going to do when your kid tells you it's what he/she wants for the birthday?

(EDIT:  Please don't get me wrong.  I am very much against ads on sweaters.  I was very much against ads on the ice.  I was sort of against ads on the boards.  We're all so used to it now, and I think we will be with the sweaters as well.)

Oh, I'm completely against it too. I just agree that it's inevitable. As for buying future jerseys after the switch I'll either go with ebay ones that don't have them or some other online retailer that doesn't have them or not buying them at all. All we can really do is vote with our wallets and I for one won't support this atrocity.

Ok, what are you going to do when your kid tells you it's what he/she wants for the birthday?

Disappoint him horribly lol. Honestly, you should see some of the that the kids wear to school now. A jersey with adds on it wouldn't even crack the top 3 of awful things that my son and his friends wear. But I won't be buying one for myself.

Edited by ubkev

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.