Sabres at Devils 4-5-16 @7pm

spndnchz

Panarin looks a lot like a right-shot Patrick Kane on the ice. His vision/shot/offensive instincts are definitely spectacular, even if Kane is helping to bump his point totals up a bit.

Yeah, one of his "NHL comparisons" that I remember hearing before he officially signed was Patrick Kane. While I think that Kane has helped him more than he's helped Kane, the chemistry between them is certainly mutually beneficial and it's not like Panarin is just riding on the coattails of Kane's great play. Brandon Saad is a nice young talent, but I don't think Kane would have 100 points with him on his wing this year instead of the Panarin. They've developed elite chemistry together very quickly. Having a guy like that on an incentive-laced ELC is almost like cheating the system for a team that's already a dynasty. I think he'll max out at under $3.5MM even if he hits all incentives, and I'm assuming he'll hit most of them unless some are related to playoff performance and they flop. 

Lou's gone. Why does that style of play live on? It must go to ownership. Why wouldn't they want a more exciting product that puts more fannies in the seats? (Devs are currently 25th in attendance when measured by percent of capacity.)

Lou's gone. Why does that style of play live on? It must go to ownership. Why wouldn't they want a more exciting product that puts more fannies in the seats? (Devs are currently 25th in attendance when measured by percent of capacity.)

They are mired in the days of Brodeur and clutch and grab hockey. Also they don't have the forward depth or skill to pull off a more fast paced style. They seriously need to retool for that. 

I'll tell you what, that style has won them 3 (I think it's 3) cups ... not cusps, but actual cups ... and almost a 4th a few short years ago.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.