Sabres season ticket prices going up again

matter2003

It'll be interesting to see the renewal rate. The secondary market is way down, no?

Down? Yes. I took another beating. But I already renewed. I'm like the compulsive gambler who figures the next pull of the slot machine lever will be the jackpot.

It will be. Like you point out in the next post, I'm sure they know at what point its better to sell 17K at x amount versus 19070 at y amount. Is it better to eat some games in return for a windfall at 10 games? I'm sure its all calculated down to the penny.

That math really doesn't work. In fact Toronto and Montreal games that used to be windfalls now lose money.

Down? Yes. I took another beating. But I already renewed. I'm like the compulsive gambler who figures the next pull of the slot machine lever will be the jackpot.

That math really doesn't work. In fact Toronto and Montreal games that used to be windfalls now lose money.

You are telling me the Ssbres lose money on Toronto and Montreal games?

Of course not, he's bitching that he's losing money, as if it's his God-given right to have season tickets without actually paying any money.

Way to jump to conclusions. I know the risk involved. As they say in stock market ads "past performance doesn't guarantee future outcomes." But even losing $1600 is still way less than paying full boat.

But don't hate the player, hate the game. This is the system. Teams benefit from resellers. We guarantee a full house while absorbing the fluctuations of a fickle fanbase.

We all pat ourselves on the back for maintaining a mostly full FNC during the tank, but why do you think that happened? It was resellers dumping seats at a quarter to the dollar. Do you honestly think fans would have paid full price for the garbage we were inflicted with?

If anything, resellers are the reason why parents can take their kids to see Jack Eichel for $20. Yet somehow all those Toronto and Montreal fans fill the FNC? Why is that? Are they somehow preventing Buffalo fans from buying up all those $20 tickets?

Trust me. Take reseller tickets out of the FNC and you have 6K in the house.

Of course not, he's bitching that he's losing money, as if it's his God-given right to have season tickets without actually paying any money.

I thought that was one of the unalienable rights in the constitution though. Life, liberty, and the right to price gouge those evil Canadians in order to watch the Sabres lose to Columbus in November for free.

Way to jump to conclusions. I know the risk involved. As they say in stock market ads "past performance doesn't guarantee future outcomes." But even losing $1600 is still way less than paying full boat.

But don't hate the player, hate the game. This is the system. Teams benefit from resellers. We guarantee a full house while absorbing the fluctuations of a fickle fanbase.

We all pat ourselves on the back for maintaining a mostly full FNC during the tank, but why do you think that happened? It was resellers dumping seats at a quarter to the dollar. Do you honestly think fans would have paid full price for the garbage we were inflicted with?

If anything, resellers are the reason why parents can take their kids to see Jack Eichel for $20. Yet somehow all those Toronto and Montreal fans fill the FNC? Why is that? Are they somehow preventing Buffalo fans from buying up all those $20 tickets?

Interesting take. Not sure if it's totally accurate, but it's interesting.

I thought that was one of the unalienable rights in the constitution though. Life, liberty, and the right to price gouge those evil Canadians in order to watch the Sabres lose to Columbus in November for free.

Hey. Buy a ticket and do your part.

Interesting take. Not sure if it's totally accurate, but it's interesting.

It's closer to reality than you realize. Edited by PromoTheRobot

It's closer to reality than you realize.

I'm sure it is. But others have brought up a good point.

At the end of the year, have you

1. Lost money (not paid for the games you've gone to, but spent more than face value for the games you've gone to)

2. Broken even (no net gain, but have paid for the games you've gone to)

3. Made money (spent less than face value for the games you've gone to)

Then you mis-read my post, it had nothing to do with the STH's.

Obviously the Sabres aren't losing money on games because they are 90-95% sold. But even they have to hold "Sabrebuck games of the month" fire sales.

I'm sure it is. But others have brought up a good point.

At the end of the year, have you

1. Lost money (not paid for the games you've gone to, but spent more than face value for the games you've gone to)

2. Broken even (no net gain, but have paid for the games you've gone to)

3. Made money (spent less than face value for the games you've gone to)

Mostly 2, a few 3,lately 1.

I have no problem with STHs selling tickets, it's just obnoxious when they proceed to complain about an inability to fully recoup their money.

Hey. Buy a ticket and do your part.

Do my part for who? A billionaire's bottom line who famously said if he wanted to make money, he'd drill another gas well. Let me find my credit card. While I'm at it should I donate to Donald Trump's wall and the Catholic Church child molester defense fund? You're apparently the expert on what I should do with my money.

Sorry, I live in eastern North Carolina so it's not feasible to attend games 900 miles away and I work a regular job for a living rather than choosing to play amateur ticket scalper for additional scratch.

You're more than welcome to spend your money however you damn well please but don't pretend like you're participating in some noble venture by implying that I or anyone needs to do our part and buy tickets on the secondary market so you can come back on here later and brag about how many games you get to attend for free.

Do my part for who? A billionaire's bottom line who famously said if he wanted to make money, he'd drill another gas well. Let me find my credit card. While I'm at it should I donate to Donald Trump's wall and the Catholic Church child molester defense fund? You're apparently the expert on what I should do with my money.

Sorry, I live in eastern North Carolina so it's not feasible to attend games 900 miles away and I work a regular job for a living rather than choosing to play amateur ticket scalper for additional scratch.

You're more than welcome to spend your money however you damn well please but don't pretend like you're participating in some noble venture by implying that I or anyone needs to do our part and buy tickets on the secondary market so you can come back on here later and brag about how many games you get to attend for free.

Uh...do your part by keeping an opposing fan out of the building. Do it for all the people bothered by that but don't buy tickets themselves. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Maybe part of the "problem" is that local Sabres fans assume they are priced out of Toronto and Montreal games?

Let's review.

SS posters lament FNC full of opposing fans. Blame greedy STHers selling tickets for hundreds. Pricing out local fans

Reality is StubHub tickets for those games are selling below cost. So no one is getting priced out.

So if the FNC is still half full of opposing fans, who's fault is it? The ticket sellers or the buyers? Including ones who don't even bother to check the prices?

Oh, snap!

:blink: Edited by PromoTheRobot

Uh...do your part by keeping an opposing fan out of the building. Do it for all the people bothered by that but don't buy tickets themselves.

Ok, so let me get this straight. Sabres fans who aren't STH should buy tickets from you to games against Canadian teams so Sabres fans who are STH can sell them at a profit and attend the less popular games for free. Were you born with this sense of entitlement or did it get bred into you by yuppy parents?

I thought you were an older poster, Promo, but you come off as a younger guy who thinks somebody owes you something.

Edited by Drunkard

Ok, so let me get this straight. Sabres fans who aren't STH should buy tickets from you to games against Canadian teams so Sabres fans who are STH can sell them at a profit and attend the less popular games for free. Were you born with this sense of entitlement or did it get bred into you by yuppy parents?

I thought you were an older poster, Promo, but you come off as a younger guy who thinks somebody owes you something.

I'm having a really hard time understanding the point you are making. You hate opposing fans in FNC and you hate STHers selling tickets but you don't want actual Sabres fans to buy tickets to the game because you're convinced we are reaping huge profits when actually we are taking big losses? Am I getting it right? You don't want to buy my tickets for less than half what I paid for them because you think I'm getting something out of it but you're mad when a Leafs fan buys it? Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm having a really hard time understanding the point you are making. You hate opposing fans in FNC and you hate STHers selling tickets but you don't want actual Sabres fans to buy tickets to the game because you're convinced we are reaping huge profits when actually we are taking big losses? Am I getting it right? You don't want to buy my tickets for less than half what I paid for them because you think I'm getting something out of it but you're mad when a Leafs fan buys it?

Not really and since I don't attend many games or even watch them on tv lately it doesn't bother me either way much anymore although it used to. I'm just pointing out the flaws in your logic.

A Sabres fan already bought the tickets to begin with, assuming you amateur scalpers are fans of the team. A novel idea would be to attend the games you paid for or give up your tickets to somebody who will but I doubt that's going to happen and there's a good chance that the next person on the list is going to pull the same crap you are by trying to make money in the secondary market and attend games for free.

You are free to do what you want but I'm personally glad you and every online scalper are taking a bath on ticket prices and I hope it continues even after the team gets good. Over time it may lead to less speculators and more season ticket holders actually attending games instead of trying to be an independent venture capitalist.

Not really and since I don't attend many games or even watch them on tv lately it doesn't bother me either way much anymore although it used to. I'm just pointing out the flaws in your logic.

A Sabres fan already bought the tickets to begin with, assuming you amateur scalpers are fans of the team. A novel idea would be to attend the games you paid for or give up your tickets to somebody who will but I doubt that's going to happen and there's a good chance that the next person on the list is going to pull the same crap you are by trying to make money in the secondary market and attend games for free.

You are free to do what you want but I'm personally glad you and every online scalper are taking a bath on ticket prices and I hope it continues even after the team gets good. Over time it may lead to less speculators and more season ticket holders actually attending games instead of trying to be an independent venture capitalist.

You are very generous with other people's tickets.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.