Sabres Trivia and Puzzles

PASabreFan

Tim, Dean and John F. Kennedy, Dwight D. Eichelhower, Ulysses S. Grant Ledyard, Andrew (the Bigger) Johnson, Lyndon B. (The Biggest) Johnson, John Tyler Ennis, John Tyler Myers, and John (Martin) Van Burensmeer.

Also, you could add Nixon Ward

That all looks right to me.

Tim, Dean and John F. Kennedy, Dwight D. Eichelhower, Ulysses S. Grant Ledyard, Andrew (the Bigger) Johnson, Lyndon B. (The Biggest) Johnson, John Tyler Ennis, John Tyler Myers, and John (Martin) Van Burensmeer.

Also, you could add Nixon Ward

You made my day so far, dudes.

But you forgot Rob Raygun.

Nine all-time Sabres have the same last name as an American president. Name them. :devil:

Ok, taking a serious stab at this:  Johnson & Kennedy are all that I can come up with.

Hamilton wasn't a president, and Al Smith lost his election to Hoover, so that's all I've got.

Ok, taking a serious stab at this:  Johnson & Kennedy are all that I can come up with.

Hamilton wasn't a president, and Al Smith lost his election to Hoover, so that's all I've got.

OK, make that eight all-time Sabres. My bad on Hamilton.

You are missing a pretty easy one from the 1900s.

OK, make that eight all-time Sabres. My bad on Hamilton.

You are missing a pretty easy one from the 1900s.

Wilson from the 1910s.  I don't think there were any McKinleys, Tafts, or Roosevelts on the Sabres but I could be wrong--but thanks for steering me in the right direction.

There has to be a Jackson.

Wilson from the 1910s.  I don't think there were any McKinleys, Tafts, or Roosevelts on the Sabres but I could be wrong--but thanks for steering me in the right direction.

There has to be a Jackson.

Cereal got one of them. Dane. The other one played two games. No one is getting that without cheating.

1900s... uh...

Ok, so far we've got

Kennedy

Kennedy

Johnson

Taylor

Wilson

Jackson the Dane

Jackson the Obscure (he played 5 games, not 2)

So there's one more.  And I know who it is.  Because I cheated.  And no one is going to get it.  But I will give a hint:  Never, in the history of our proud nation, has there been a President Grigorenko.

The following numbers have only been worn by one player a piece in Sabres history. Can you name the one player for each number? (Some of them are obvious, but I'll include them anyways. Others are obscure, so I'll drop a little hint.)

00-

11-

48-

50-

53- (call up number before switching to 3)

54-

59-

60- (call up number before switching to 28)

63-

64- (only 1 game played in NHL career)

72-

74-

78-

82-

83- (also wore 12, 28, and 38 as a Sabre)

84-

89-

The following numbers have only been worn by one player a piece in Sabres history. Can you name the one player for each number? (Some of them are obvious, but I'll include them anyways. Others are obscure, so I'll drop a little hint.)

00- biron

11-

48-briere

50-

53- pysyk(call up number before switching to 3)

54-

59-

60- zemgus(call up number before switching to 28)

63-

72-

74-

78-

82- foligno

83- (also wore 12, 28, and 38 as a Sabre)

84-

89-

00- biron

11-Perreault

48-briere

50-

53- pysyk(call up number before switching to 3)

54-Kassian

59-

60- zemgus(call up number before switching to 28)

63-Ennis

72-Adam

74-McKee

78-Tropp

82- foligno

83- (also wore 12, 28, and 38 as a Sabre) Pittis

84-Varone

89-Mogilny

I hogged the obvious ones.  But I filled in some medium and obscurish ones, too.
Edited by Eleven

Hmm...does his nickname sound like the second half of Zemgus?

Now you're onto something!

Don't think anyone will get 64 without looking it up. So here's his initials and the season:

D.M. 1999-2000 season (played the one game in 2000)

Now you're onto something!

Don't think anyone will get 64 without looking it up. So here's his initials and the season:

D.M. 1999-2000 season (played the one game in 2000)

I remember seeing that name while researching other questions. It's so tempting to just go look it up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.