Forums that have good mobile experience???

SDS

The current config of SS is fine except for the 40 post length on pages. 20 like on TBD works better for me. I love that my phone remembers the last post I read. I wish my computer experience was similar.

Of those two I prefer xenforo.

On remembering posts on a real computer: If you click on the thread title, it starts at the beginning. If you click on the little circle or star to the left of the title, it takes you to the last post read. At least I think that's what you're saying.

I almost never use mobile, so I don't have much to comment. That being said, I'd be mildly anti-app since I prefer to install only apps that I really require on my phone. As much as I love this place, I'm not sure I'd install an app to use it.

I never post but visit multiple times daily. The thing that, by far, drives me nutty is in the mobile view I can't figure out how to skip to the end of the thread. It makes me hit "next" page by page.

I usually request the desktop version of the site in order to do this.

You've got a great board here, keep it up!

I never post but visit multiple times daily. The thing that, by far, drives me nutty is in the mobile view I can't figure out how to skip to the end of the thread. It makes me hit "next" page by page.

I usually request the desktop version of the site in order to do this.

You've got a great board here, keep it up!

All the way to the right of each thread is a right facing arrow. That takes you to the last page.

I used to do that. I forgot how it happened, but my phone switched to the mobile version and I came to like the smoothness of it.

OK, I've given it a 2nd chance and have spent more time with it than before. It's actually not that bad. It's watered down enough for good mobile use but has enough to do what you have to do. It is missing some desktop features, but chances are if I'm going to use those features I won't be doing it on my phone. Like inserting pics, gifs, smileys, etc. I do agree with the rest, having the ability to skip to the end within a thread, or select a certain page within a multipage thread would be nice.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.