Bucky: Pegulas in over their heads

PASabreFan

u compleat me

honest question, though: what of jerry's manner of ownership-management? he's almost certainly been far more involved in his team's affairs than pegula has been or ever will be.

Bucky and I are masters. You should see the two of us out on the lake when the sun starts to set.

... holding hands.

I'm still amazed by Bucky's 2001 article slamming Mario Lemieux for choking in a playoff series against the Sabres -- when it was only 3-2 Sabres.  That ended well.  And the part where Mario Lemieux acknowledged he was PO'ed about that article was a nice cherry on top.  Maybe nothing is different if that article is never written, but why are you even giving the other team bulletin board material?  Are you that desperate to feel relevant?

Our local sports media is pretty terrible in general.  Disagree with any of them on WGR or on Twitter and they completely spazz out.  They all seem extremely sensitive about having their judgment questioned since they're no more qualified to watch sports and given an opinion than anyone else in the world.

You hold a good grudge. But I refuse to believe Mario Lemieux needed some column out of Buffalo to get fired up. (Same goes for the Hogs claiming Chuck Dickerson got them all soooooeeyyyy.)

Jones made his fortune in oil and gas, too. Didn't know that. He also co-captained a national championship football team in college. So at least he had some chops in the sport when he bought the Cowboys. Job one, by the way: firing longtime legendary coach and GM.

Jones made his fortune in oil and gas, too. Didn't know that. He also co-captained a national championship football team in college. So at least he had some chops in the sport when he bought the Cowboys. Job one, by the way: firing longtime legendary coach and GM.

so having a meddlesome, micro-managing owner isn't the problem per se -- you just need the right one.

Salary cap?

And Salary cap?

And salary cap?

Money can't buy a ring any longer.

I can't reconstruct whether a no-cap environment paved the way for the Cowboys dynasty of the 90s.

I will add: Even in far less salary-regulated leagues (MLB, English Premier League), money does not buy titles. 

I can't reconstruct whether a no-cap environment paved the way for the Cowboys dynasty of the 90s.

I will add: Even in far less salary-regulated leagues (MLB, English Premier League), money does not buy titles. 

Oh, hell yes it does.  Sure, there are exceptions, and we can all name a bunch of them.  But the rule in MLB and in soccer is that money wins.

Oh, hell yes it does.  Sure, there are exceptions, and we can all name a bunch of them.  But the rule in MLB and in soccer is that money wins.

Well, there is that. 

I was thinking of some exceptions, but mega clubs like Barca and Real Madrid really undo any point I would try to make.

But to the larger question: Did the absence of a cap make Jerry's 90s dynasty possible? I feel like they just did a real good job drafting -- the triplets, principally.

Well, there is that. 

I was thinking of some exceptions, but mega clubs like Barca and Real Madrid really undo any point I would try to make.

But to the larger question: Did the absence of a cap make Jerry's 90s dynasty possible? I feel like they just did a real good job drafting -- the triplets, principally.

It (lack of a cap) allowed them to keep a lot of players.

Same goes for the Bills of those years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.