GDT: Buffalo @ Vancouver, 10:00 pm est, 12/7/2015

WildCard

I didn't have very high expectations for him to begin with.  It won't be too long before he's traded or waived.  Just need to give one of the kids in Rochester a little more time first.

I agree with this.  I had high hopes for Larsson, but... whether it's due to Bylsma's system, or maybe he just isn't as good as he looked late last season, he's starting to look more and more like a placeholder.

We've talked about the ROR/Reinhart sessions at the end of practice where O'Reilly has been working with Samson.  I wonder if Kane needs to do the same with Eichel.  Kane uses his explosive speed to create space; sounds like a skill Jack could use.

The thing that's curious to me is that we see these things in games and we talk about the obvious solutions.  What's really going on?  Is Bylsma incompetent that he can't address such obvious issues?  Is he following some other plan that will all become clear at some point?  Is Jack sinking and not ready for the NHL?  There is pretty good consensus here on the forums that certain line combinations probably aren't the best.... what does DD see in pairing Eichel with Gionta, for instance... and why doesn't he shift Jack to other linemates that would have a better opportunity to help him thrive?  Is Bylsma mismanaging Eichel's development, or does he just have a longer view in mind?

PA strokes his chin... yes, yes, if only Eichel could use his speed to create space. mmmwwwwahahaha

PA strokes his chin... yes, yes, if only Eichel could use his speed to create space. mmmwwwwahahaha

If only Eichel wasn't playing like he was at the world championship this summer where we talked about how he wasn't engaged and sometimes didn't move his feet... wait nm.

Again the worst part is I really like Eichel, he just is having a hard time currently.

Edited by LGR4GM

Thinking the same thing. They're bound to get better as the year progresses, not worse. I don't believe GMTM is going to do a trade deadline dump to ensure finishing out on a hearty losing streak.

If he does.....that's a whole nother thread waiting to happen.

The Sabres are still at the point where the trade deadline is an opportunity to trade anyone that'll be a UFA or anyone doesn't look like part of the solution. As much as I'd like to see* the playoffs this year, being more or less out of the race at the deadline would actually make it a little easier the make the moves that'll make the team better next year.

* see is figurative, you don't get to watch the NHL playoffs unless you're paying big-Cable your dues.

I'm not even sure all hell has to break.  Isn't it like 50/50?  Could be wrong on that though.  Anyways, after last year I don't even want to talk lottery.  Big game tonight, let's hope our D plays better than they did last night.

On the odds: If a team finishes last this year they have a 60% chance of picking 1-3 (3 * 20%), and will pick no later than 4th.

The Sabres are still at the point where the trade deadline is an opportunity to trade anyone that'll be a UFA or anyone doesn't look like part of the solution. As much as I'd like to see* the playoffs this year, being more or less out of the race at the deadline would actually make it a little easier the make the moves that'll make the team better next year.

* see is figurative, you don't get to watch the NHL playoffs unless you're paying big-Cable your dues.

On the odds: If a team finishes last this year they have a 60% chance of picking 1-3 (3 * 20%), and will pick no later than 4th.

Who had 12/8 in the pool?

If only Eichel wasn't playing like he was at the world championship this summer where we talked about how he wasn't engaged and sometimes didn't move his feet... wait nm.

Again the worst part is I really like Eichel, he just is having a hard time currently.

I remember this very vividly 

Who had 12/8 in the pool?

I assume you're thinking I'm advocating another tank. I'm not. I'm acknowledging that, like every season in every sport that's set up this way, teams that aren't realistically looking at the playoffs at the trade deadline start planning for the future. And it would be easier for GMTM to have a clear direction at that time. In any case, I don't think we'll see any mortgage the future moves even if the Sabres are in contention.

I think our Mojo just got all messed up these past 2 games when WE scored the first goal of each one. They were so excited they didn't realize the game was still going on until it was 3-1.

Larrson actually was one of our highlights yesterday if that tells you anything about how bad we were. I still have hopes for this kid though.

The season is basically 1/3 of the way thru and Eichel and Reinhart are on pace to score 20-30 goals each depending if they trend up or down and a total of approximately 50. I would have taken that at the beginning of the season.

I'm sure this is a fast paced roller-coaster ride for both of them. Add in Risto's age, McCabe and Pysyk first year and what did you really expect this year to look like?? Somedays they look like all-stars, somedays they look like 19-20 year old rookies. Breathe Deep you Gathering Gloomers.

What a mess this game was.

-Gionta executed the laziest change of all time on the too many men penalty.  Uncharacteristic,

-Eichel was bad again.  I can't disagree with anyone that is laying this at the feet of his conditioning.  Eichel's skating is so much worse than it was in his first month as a Sabre.  Stride, stride, reach.  Stride, stride, reach.  He never makes life hard for the puck carrier, just takes away a little bit of space at best.  Against the Canucks and Oilers, he barely even got his speed up when he carried the puck up ice.  Definitely could use a game in the press box and some better linemates.

-Agree with Dudacek that Larsson played an edgy, still devoid of offense, game last night.  Why is he playing like Foligno?  At least it was good to see him and Zemgus creating a bit of zone time. (Sorry the Sabres sucked for you, Dude.  They're 0-3-1 for games that I've seen in person.)

-Bogosian is still not playing well.  Still finding his way in Hot Daniel's system perhaps?

-We need Pysyk and Ennis back.

Edited by qwksndmonster

What a mess this game was.

-Gionta executed the laziest change of all time on the too many men penalty.  Uncharacteristic,

-Eichel was bad again.  I can't disagree with anyone that is laying this at the feet of his conditioning.  Eichel's skating is so much worse than it was in his first month as a Sabre.  Stride, stride, reach.  Stride, stride, reach.  He never makes life hard for the puck carrier, just takes away a little bit of space at best.  Against the Canucks and Oilers, he barely even got his speed up when he carried the puck up ice.  Definitely could use a game in the press box and some better linemates.

-Agree with Dudacek that Larsson played an edgy, still devoid of offense, game last night.  Why is he playing like Foligno?  At least it was good to see him and Zemgus creating a bit of zone time. (Sorry the Sabres sucked for you, Dude.  They're 0-3-1 for games that I've seen in person.)

-Bogosian is still not playing well.  Still finding his way in Hot Daniel's system perhaps?

-We need Pysyk and Ennis back.

Funny how people wanted to run him off prior to his injury (although I wonder if he was fighting something since that very early injury he had).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.