Warming up to Dan Dunleavy

PASabreFan

I was a little lukewarm on Dan to start. Natural, I suppose, as he's the guy who was figuratively going to smother Rick with a pillow.

I listened intently last night and he called a great game. Is he getting better or am I just coming around? The goal calls are improved, and that was mainly my beef in the past. (But he again had a weird call for a Florida goal where he didn't say "they score.")

There's a hint of Ted Darling in his professionalism and restraint and even in the lilt of his voice or how certain words trip off his tongue.

Actually what kind of stole my heart was his description of Ullmark's mask save. "Right off the minion!" If Dan incorporates just a bit of Rick's wackiness, we might have something here.

Not sure why but I have a hard time picturing his face.  I feel like RJ was on the Camera constantly but Dan is a freaking ghost.  His goal calls need work but I find his play by play easy to listen to and professional.  This won't be popular but I find DD a nice change of pace compared to Rick. 

Not sure why but I have a hard time picturing his face. I feel like RJ was on the Camera constantly but Dan is a freaking ghost. His goal calls need work but I find his play by play easy to listen to and professional. This won't be popular but I find DD a nice change of pace compared to Rick.

Having a familiar guy Luke Ray doing the color helps. Rob Ray has really grown into that role, love hearing him and his commentary. Especially when he, and RJ go back and forth.

I like him. He doesn't really stand out in anyway (he certainly isn't as distinctive as RJ, so a lot of people won't like him for that) but I think he is just fine.

Sometimes as of late RJ has been 'wearing' on me a bit with too many nicknames and catchphrases.  I know a lot of people love that, but I prefer to just hear the game called (with some emotion of course.) 

I was a little lukewarm on Dan to start. Natural, I suppose, as he's the guy who was figuratively going to smother Rick with a pillow.

I listened intently last night and he called a great game. Is he getting better or am I just coming around? The goal calls are improved, and that was mainly my beef in the past. (But he again had a weird call for a Florida goal where he didn't say "they score.")

There's a hint of Ted Darling in his professionalism and restraint and even in the lilt of his voice or how certain words trip off his tongue.

Actually what kind of stole my heart was his description of Ullmark's mask save. "Right off the minion!" If Dan incorporates just a bit of Rick's wackiness, we might have something here.

Now if only Rob "good job" Ray would not talk so much

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.