McDavid breaks collarbone. Out "Long Term"

dejeanneret

I reflected last night. Then I slept like a baby. Tell me you didn't wish for Troy Aikman to slip on a banana peel before those Super Bowls.

It's a harsh business. As usual, I'm ahead of the curve. The Sabres and the Oilers meet in the finals in the three years. McDavid is day to day with a whatever. I'm sure this board would be pulling for Connor's return to full health, so they can watch his magnificent glory unfold before our very eyes.

Hoping for a better shot in the finals is fine.  But if you really don't wanna watch McJesus skate then I don't know what to say.

Edited by qwksndmonster

That sucks.

This gives jack an opportunity to worry about his game and improve without a McDavid hanging over him

I don't agree with that. If Eichel's game improves because McDavid isn't playing and racking up points then he isn't the player I want leading this organization for the next 15 years. I want Eichel seeing what McDavid is doing in Edmonton and raise his game because of it.

That is the whimp way out. The best thing Eichel can do is worry about himself. He is not McDavid and never will be. That isn't a knock on Eichel - they are just different players. If he worries about getting into a personal points race with McDavid odds are he will loose every year - unless McDavid gets hurt and nobody should truly want that.

I reflected last night. Then I slept like a baby. Tell me you didn't wish for Troy Aikman to slip on a banana peel before those Super Bowls.

It's a harsh business. As usual, I'm ahead of the curve. The Sabres and the Oilers meet in the finals in the three years. McDavid is day to day with a whatever. I'm sure this board would be pulling for Connor's return to full health, so they can watch his magnificent glory unfold before our very eyes.

Seems like a good person? We don't know anything about these guys, really.

If you see KARMA on the ice, head for the bench. He's got ham hocks for hands and will throw.

Tell me you didn't wish for Troy Aikman to slip on a banana peel before those Super Bowls.

I can't say I ever thought about it. I can't say I've ever wished for an opposing team's star player to go down with an injury so as to improve my team's chances.

Now, if a guy does go down and his absence has an immediate and direct bearing on an imminent high stakes match-up with my team? Then I guess I'm taking hope in the fact that my team's chances have improved. But I'm not reveling in the guy's absence. Unless maybe he comes off as a total turd.

What's a harsh business? Being a fan? And don't fracture your collar bone patting yourself on the back there for being ahead of the curve. 

If that scenario were to come to pass, that would be a whole 'nother ball of wax. I don't need or want the kid out of the game now  in anticipation of that. Nor should anyone. Or, stated more pithily:

Hoping for a better shot in the finals is fine.  But if you really don't wanna watch McJesus skate than I don't know what to say.

Good. Hopefully it's just the beginning of a string of injuries that significantly shortens his career.

Why would any Sabres fan want McDavid out there threatening our dynasty?

Did you really just say that?  REALLY?  You've got to be kidding me.  That's the most distasteful thing I can imagine someone saying about this situation.  No class at all.

Did someone take over PA's account?

Aren't who the one who is still crying about Vanek getting "taken out" against Boston a decade ago?

I'm not advocating for violence against McDavid. I don't see what's controversial about what I'm saying. Fans aren't allowed to root against the opposition? Really? Real fans don't want McDavid to be a flop? Are you not rooting for Eichel to be better? This idea that Sabres fans have to worship McDavid and hope for the very best for him seems like a sign that we're so beaten down we don't even consider ourselves part of the league anymore. Think Hawks fans want health and wellness for McDavid so he can be the next great one and help supplant the Chicago dynasty? I hope the tibia is next to go. Why should I care? The league doesn't care about offense and talent, why should I?

#zerosgiven

Did you really just say that?  REALLY?  You've got to be kidding me.  That's the most distasteful thing I can imagine someone saying about this situation.  No class at all.

It's hockey. There's little requirement to be classy. Mike Schopp said it best when some people said fans cheering for the opposition last season was classless. "What class? It's a hockey arena." (paraphrase)

If that scenario were to come to pass, that would be a whole 'nother ball of wax. I don't need or want the kid out of the game now  in anticipation of that. Nor should anyone. Or, stated more pithily:

You're being a hypocrite. You can't wring your hands over an injury now, and then think differently about it in June 2019.

Edited by pASabreFan

I don't see what's controversial about what I'm saying.  ... I hope the tibia is next to go. Why should I care? The league doesn't care about offense and talent, why should I?

K.

How do I post the "fished in" graphic from Wayne's World?

The troll-train is rolling at unsustainably high speeds when Mike Schopp is being earnestly referred to.

I'm not so sure our man is merely trolling. 

You're being a hypocrite. You can't want your hands over an injury now, and then think differently about it in June 2019.

*Sigh*

The contention is so analytically flawed that I must conclude that you're just trying to wind people up.

The troll-train is rolling at unsustainably high speeds when Mike Schopp is being earnestly referred to.

Mike makes some good points.

Sidney Crosby blows out his knee the next time he's in town. Is there or is there not a roar from the crowd? A roar of delight?

#grow up #realworld #thisiswar

I'm not advocating for violence against McDavid. I don't see what's controversial about what I'm saying. Fans aren't allowed to root against the opposition? Really? Real fans don't want McDavid to be a flop? Are you not rooting for Eichel to be better? This idea that Sabres fans have to worship McDavid and hope for the very best for him seems like a sign that we're so beaten down we don't even consider ourselves part of the league anymore. Think Hawks fans want health and wellness for McDavid so he can be the next great one and help supplant the Chicago dynasty? I hope the tibia is next to go. Why should I care? The league doesn't care about offense and talent, why should I?

#zero######sgiven

It's hockey. There's little requirement to be classy. Mike Schopp said it best when some people said fans cheering for the opposition last season was classless. "What class? It's a hockey arena." (paraphrase)

<voice of Vader>. You may take Chris Kelly to Jabba the Hutt once you have delivered to me young McDavid Skywalker.

But, to be clear, I'm not wringing my hands over his injury. I'm saying, "Ah, what a shame. I love the game of hockey, and that kid looks like he might be an all-time great. I hope he heals well."

If he's their 1C in a SCF against the Sabres, and there's a question over whether he's well enough to go, I will of course not be rooting for him to take the ice. But I won't be cheering for him not to take the ice. I'll be excited about my team and ready to cheer them on against whoever the other team puts out there.

Sidney Crosby blows out his knee the next time he's in town. Is there or is there not a roar from the crowd? A roar of delight?

#grow up #realworld #thisiswar

Good lord. Get bent.

Nope. It's hockey. Which I love more than the Sabres.

#yawn

Aaaannndd scene.

The contention is so analytically flawed that I must conclude that you're just trying to wind people up.

I don't think so. Be consistent. If you want good health for McDavid, God's gift to hockey, then you must want it all the time, even as he tries to return from injury to beat the Sabres in the final. It's mean to think otherwise. Cold. Cruel. Classless.

I don't think so. Be consistent. If you want good health for McDavid, God's gift to hockey, then you must want it all the time, even as he tries to return from injury to beat the Sabres in the final. It's mean to think otherwise. Cold. Cruel. Classless.

I just liked watching him play.

Hate to say it, but I'm in between PA and you guys.... I hate to see an injury in general. It sucks a little bit, but just because it's McJesus it seems like it's being taken much further.

If that was a grinder that we didn't know about then most wouldn't be saying "aw poor baby", and yes the argument can be made that because he is supposed to be the "next great one" it matters more..... But that shouldn't.

Hell maybe an injury will spark him after sitting so long, learn from mistakes, maybe we created a monster.

It's Jacker's time plain and simple and I care more about what a player on my team is/is not doing, rather than an unfortunate injury in Edmonton

I've previously remarked on the role this sort of rigidity plays in your view on things. It yields a particularly unpleasant expression in this connection.

This isn't a harsh business. This isn't war. This is a pastime that I enjoy.

Edited by That Aud Smell