Tyler Ennis goal last night...

Marvelo

I think the brilliance of acquiring Kane and ROR is that those are the big names, along with Eichel, who will attract attention, which will hopefully lead to a little more room for people like Ennis and Reindhart.

Reindhart?

From you of all people.

P.P.A.A. (Pedantic Peoples Association of America) will be calling for their card back mister!

Just type the stuff into the subject, it's not that hard.

Better than than 20 new posts with 20 words total in the subjects.

It's not difficult for sure and I agree that short titles are not descriptive enough to determine whether you want to click on it or not - but I'd take 20 new posts over one post with 75 pages.  Like I said in earlier posts it makes it somewhat difficult for new members to jump in.

It's not difficult for sure and I agree that short titles are not descriptive enough to determine whether you want to click on it or not - but I'd take 20 new posts over one post with 75 pages. Like I said in earlier posts it makes it somewhat difficult for new members to jump in.

Right, nobody is arguing against new threads. You could make the argument that it's easier for new posters to jump in if the threads are named better, too.

Right, nobody is arguing against new threads. You could make the argument that it's easier for new posters to jump in if the threads are named better, too.

Have I argued against the need to have threads named better?  Not sure you followed my point - but I get it you really really don't like threads that aren't named better.

I haven't been aware of the big controversy surrounding naming the freeking post. I don't think it's a big deal but that's me. I would've liked to see more comments on Tyler Ennis here but I guess having controversy, however manufactured, is the main thing.

So... did we see the goal of the year and the save of the year in one night, from one team?

That's not even a goal of the year candidate.   Probably top 10 on this weeks "Top Shelf" show on NHL network.   Its more lucky than good... I mean he just hacked at it and the goal didn't have the far side angled off enough.    It's not like he went bar down, he just threw it at the net from the goal line.   GOod idea, sometimes pucks just find their way in.     

That save tho.   Anderson had a sparkling save in OT last night against CGY.   3-on-3 OT is going to produce some spectacular plays, it's good for the game.

How long before they just go 3-on-3 the entire time?    Or drop one additional player each period as the game advances until it's just 1-on-1.   Eichel vs McDavid all alone on the ice?  I'd watch.

Edited by pi2000

How long before they just go 3-on-3 the entire time?    Or drop one additional player each period as the game advances until it's just 1-on-1.   Eichel vs McDavid all alone on the ice?  I'd watch.

They need to get rid of the shootout and go 3v3, 2v2, 1v1 for OT, just remove a player every 4 minutes.

So how has Tyler Ennis or mighty mouse, managed to stay consistent on a team that has wallowed in suckitude for so long?

I think he put his mind to improving his own game the last two seasons.  No performance expectations?  Fine.  Then he did what *he* wanted to do to improve his game.  Now we're seeing the payoff.

They need to get rid of the shootout and go 3v3, 2v2, 1v1 for OT, just remove a player every 4 minutes.

i like it.   after 1v1 they should start adding pucks to the ice 1v1 with 2 pucks, 3 pucks, 4 pucks.. until somebody buries.

That is the most insane idea I've ever heard. They should do a multipuck game in the all star skills competition.

I would watch that. You'd have to have multicamera views though... one for each puck. At the whistle each team skates pucks out of their zone, one puck from each of the defensive faceoff dots.

Edited by The Big Johnson

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.