Pleased to meet me, per the 'Mats

DeleteThisAccount

folks:

sorry for a late introduction. joined this board out of pure spite, but that gets quite dull pretty quick.

so don't think i'm going to toy with that one poster no more. it's far too easy pickins. (oops, sorry, this is the last).

won't make any other promises besides that, but hope to post here a little more regularly -- though don't hold me to what "regular" means, given the busy stretch i've got coming up with the combine coming, and then bills-land doings and a lengthy assignment covering the women's world cup of soccer, from ottawa to edmonton, and maybe a piece on mcdavid's arrival in oiler-ville.

but since i'm a member of this unruly mob of a board, i figured i'd say "hey" during a relatively sober moment.

jw

folks:

sorry for a late introduction. joined this board out of pure spite, but that gets quite dull pretty quick.

so don't think i'm going to toy with that one poster no more. it's far too easy pickins. (oops, sorry, this is the last).

won't make any other promises besides that, but hope to post here a little more regularly -- though don't hold me to what "regular" means, given the busy stretch i've got coming up with the combine coming, and then bills-land doings and a lengthy assignment covering the women's world cup of soccer, from ottawa to edmonton, and maybe a piece on mcdavid's arrival in oiler-ville.

but since i'm a member of this unruly mob of a board, i figured i'd say "hey" during a relatively sober moment.

jw

It'll be fun, John.   :)

as just noted on a certain social media site, a certain local radio -- and sabres -- flagship station finds itself in a very tough spot with its relationship with the team. how wgr is citing "reports" of a deal being "close," and has done very little of it's own reporting overnight on this is a bad look and sound. to know and not report because of partnership rules certainly dents reputation.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

as just noted on a certain social media site, a certain local radio -- and sabres -- flagship station finds itself in a very tough spot with its relationship with the team. how wgr is citing "reports" of a deal being "close," and has done very little of it's own reporting overnight on this is a bad look and sound. to know and not report because of partnership rules certainly dents reputation.

jw

If I had to guess, it probably has to do with all of the "reports" of a deal being "close" with Babcock that turned out to be not all that close.

If I had to guess, it probably has to do with all of the "reports" of a deal being "close" with Babcock that turned out to be not all that close.

i certainly don't read it that way. i have plenty of respect for Paul Hamilton, and that he can't get this is an indication that there is also a script and plan in place.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

i certainly don't read it that way. i have plenty of respect for Paul Hamilton, and that he can't get this is an indication that there is also a script and plan in place.

jw

Interesting.

And not to get in the middle of a lovers spat, but this is exactly the kind of thing that Ghost has been warning against for a while now, all while getting ridiculed by others for needing a sturdier tinfoil hat. Just sayin'.

Interesting.

And not to get in the middle of a lovers spat, but this is exactly the kind of thing that Ghost has been warning against for a while now, all while getting ridiculed by others for needing a sturdier tinfoil hat. Just sayin'.

God help us if Battista was in that picture of Murray and Bylsma last night.

Edited by sabills

No, no here's what happened. In 10th grade gym class, the boys ran a race. Mr. Mandelbaum hadn't fired the starting gun yet and jw took off and won going away, literally, a huge upset. Ghost never forgot and has been challenging jw to a rematch ever since. jw has always said he would never race again. Now, in middle age, he wants to go.

No, no here's what happened. In 10th grade gym class, the boys ran a race. Mr. Mandelbaum hadn't fired the starting gun yet and jw took off and won going away, literally, a huge upset. Ghost never forgot and has been challenging jw to a rematch ever since. jw has always said he would never race again. Now, in middle age, he wants to go.

Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.