2015 IIHF Championship Prague May 1-17

Brawndo

Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle are first-line players.

it's pretty hard to believe the Oilers haven't been better.

McDavid and McLellan and Chiarelli are going to make them good for a long time,

ENNIS!

Edited by dudacek

Looked up the 96 finals series on Youtube a while back, man oh man, are we talking some high quality hockey there.

Oh, and John LeClair was a monster in 1996.

Some people claim Eichel disappeared over the last 2 or 3 games here, but I think people forget he probably lacks conditioning compared to the NHL'ers, and that he's basically played 9 games in two weeks.

Can't blame the kid if the tank was empty in the end.

Did you see Eichel's assist on the second US goal against the Czechs? WOW!!!

Have a feeling Jeanerette will be using the "roll the highlight film!" expression quite a bit with this kid...

Looked up the 96 finals series on Youtube a while back, man oh man, are we talking some high quality hockey there.

Oh, and John LeClair was a monster in 1996.

Some people claim Eichel disappeared over the last 2 or 3 games here, but I think people forget he probably lacks conditioning compared to the NHL'ers, and that he's basically played 9 games in two weeks.

Can't blame the kid if the tank was empty in the end.

Valid defense. But he disappeared in the medal round at the WJC, and was somewhat invisible against Providence. Want to see the play raised when the stakes go up. I am stoked he is coming here, so this is not a knock, just an area for improvement.

TSN commentators just said Canada would be at 92 million on the salary cap if this team played in the NHL.

I hope this Tournament gets remembered when the Olympics come around. Tyler Ennis overall game has really improved the last 2 years while being relegated to the Sabres.  

I was thinking that too, but there's no way.  Canada is too stacked.

Probably, but he should at least get to compete in camp. Marleau, Sharp, Kunitz and St. Louis are all guys that probably don't make it to 2018. McDavid likely plays and other new blood, but Ennis has time to prove himself in the NHL, too. Worlds will be the next show on where he stands with Canada.

Probably, but he should at least get to compete in camp. Marleau, Sharp, Kunitz and St. Louis are all guys that probably don't make it to 2018. McDavid likely plays and other new blood, but Ennis has time to prove himself in the NHL, too. Worlds will be the next show on where he stands with Canada.

Who's more likely to make the 2018 Canada Olympic Roster - Ennis or Evander Kane? I'm hoping it's a legitimate question.

Want to make a charity bet on it?  My bet is that Ennis never plays for Canada in an Olympics.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.