GDT: Buffalo at Nashville. 3/21/2015 8:00 MSG

Doohickie

OK, so Paul Hamilton just said the Sabres are one shot away from being "back in the game." That can't be the definition of "back in the game." If you're down by one, you're already in the game. But are you "in the game" if you're down by two?

D'Amigo one tough sob

D'Amigo back wearing a full face shield, nose packed with cotton and missing at least two teeth. If hockey players aren't the toughest people in all of sports, then I don't know who is. LeBron James gets a leg cramp and has to be carried off the court.

Amen to these.

D'Amigo's back in.  Hockey players are tough.  I had a crown put in last week and I took the whole day off from work.

LOL

feel bad for Hackett, he been playing his butt off, sure would be nice if he got some help on the offence side

Razor: you can't do it all at this level, well so far that is what Hackett has been doing

Edited by rumblefish

Is lindback/Hackett going to be the next Miller/Biron combo in the coming years...... I honestly haven't seen much of either of them, small sample size I know, but are they really looking that well.

Tough to say, but the skeptic in me says unlikely... I'd guess it's some combination of small sample size and the fact that they have almost no pressure on them right now (apart from the competition within the goalies).  I'd be thrilled if they end up being good for the long haul, though.

I think the Sabres are really gonna have to think about putting Vinz in goal for the Arizona/Toronto games. And maybe every other game as well. Everyone they throw in net lately plays their arses off.

That little goalie coach would make Vinz traded-able come the off season, but yah, I do think Irbe has been the best coach in Buffalo pro sports in a long time.

Is lindback/Hackett going to be the next Miller/Biron combo in the coming years...... I honestly haven't seen much of either of them, small sample size I know, but are they really looking that well.

Lindback is a UFA.  Hackett may be a UFA if he doesn't get his 5 more games in.  Chad Johnson has one more year left so I think he's the back up next year.  I think GMTM will bring in a free agent number 1 over the summer.

That little goalie coach would make Vinz traded-able come the off season, but yah, I do think Irbe has been the best coach in Buffalo pro sports in a long time.

No kidding. I'm hoping Rex can add to that sentiment as well.

Edited by Claude Balls

So we got some young guys finishing the season strong. Ennis, Larsson and especially Risto have really come on in the last few. I'd be fine with the Ennis, Mouls, Larsson as our #2 line next year. 

Also, what is there to lose by playing Grigererenko (as Rob Ray fumbles...)? He still looks completely outmatched, but let him get a feel. That rip from the point should be enough to pique the interest.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.