qwksndmonster

Debating what game to pick up next.  Need suggestions for the PS4.  In today's gaming world prices on games drop fast.  So preferring one that may be going for $40 or less.  Resident Evil 7 is already down to that w/ a few gaming chains.  Speaking of Resident EVII (7), what do those of you that have played it think? Also considering The Last Guardian.  Minus fighting or racing games, never got into them, I'm looking for any credible game. Oh, and what about Batman Arkham Night?  Shows I'm open to just about anything.  Doesn't have to be a brand new game.  So fire away Sabres fans.  Always prefer the general population opinion.

Resident Evil 7 is great, not as good as 1-3 but still a lot of fun. Short though. Last Guardian has awful controls and camera, but it beautiful and really makes you care about the Trico (the bird dog thing). Arkham Asylum is very good also, definitely the best of the three you mentioned imo. As far as other PS4 titles, I'll give you some console exclusives to check out. If you haven't played The Last of Us, that's first on my list. Then you have Uncharted 1-4, 1-3 is on a combo collection that is pretty cheap now and 4 is the best of the series. Horizon just came out and is fantastic. Bloodborne if you can deal with incredibly difficult but intense and rewarding games. 

And Resident EVII it is! Thanks for the info. Just picked it up. Intentionally waiting for it to get dark before I play it. Shortness of this particular title won't bother me. One of the reasons I picked it up actually. I'm currently going through Skyrim, so I like to have a short side game to play when going through a long houred, open world game. The Last Guardian was very tempting, but I haven't played a psychological horror game in years. So it made the decision easier to make. Thanks again for info!

Picked up the Switch and I love it. Fast RMX rocks on it.

Did you pick up a screen protector for the Switch? Heard the dock is rather loose and scratches the Switch. I'll be picking up a screen protector when I get a Switch to play it safe.

Resident Evil 7 is great, not as good as 1-3 but still a lot of fun. Short though. 

Played it for a while last night.  Right now everything I hoped for.  REVII is the first horror game to actually cause my hands to sweat, make me a jump or even get my heart racing. It's legit. 

Heard many were unable to play the game w/ a VR headset.  Simply too scary for them.  

Edited by GoPre

Did you pick up a screen protector for the Switch? Heard the dock is rather loose and scratches the Switch. I'll be picking up a screen protector when I get a Switch to play it safe.

I did, the case/ pouch at Game stop came with a screen protector. To be honest I haven't even bothered to dock it. The switch's screen is big no need to downscale the resolution by going into t.v. mode.

Did you have one preordered or were you actually able to find one in stores? I've been looking for one everywhere.

My bet would be it was a pre-order. Nintendo has already sold roughly 1.5 million.

I preordered it the day Game stop opened up the preorders. Being a lifetime Nintendo fanboy has taught me how to stalk hardware lol. Also got the nes classic on launch night back in november.

I did, the case/ pouch at Game stop came with a screen protector. To be honest I haven't even bothered to dock it. The switch's screen is big no need to downscale the resolution by going into t.v. mode.

I preordered it the day Game stop opened up the preorders. Being a lifetime Nintendo fanboy has taught me how to stalk hardware lol. Also got the nes classic on launch night back in november.

I still can't believe NES Classic is still unable to be found in stores.  Figured Nintendo would've had the shelves stocked by now.  

Nothing creates an unreasonable amount of demand like inexplicably low supply. This has been Nintendo's MO with home consoles since the Wii launch. 

Very true.  But the demand is only going to be there for so long.  Eventually people will forget about it or simply not want it.  Nintendo should be taking advantage of this.  Crank out the systems and sell as many possible.  Easy money for Nintendo.  Yet, it appears as if they are choosing not to go that route.

Nintendo should also consider doing an SNES Classic system.  Many would purchase that.  Imagine classics like Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Super Metroid, A Link to The past, Super Mario World, etc....  all being on one system.    

Edited by GoPre

I still can't believe NES Classic is still unable to be found in stores.  Figured Nintendo would've had the shelves stocked by now.  

Yeah looks like anyone who wants one should just bite the bullet and pay triple msrp on amazon at this point. Also the 3DS appears to be dead even though big N denies it. Classic NES is awesome must admit. 

Nothing creates an unreasonable amount of demand like inexplicably low supply. This has been Nintendo's MO with home consoles since the Wii launch. 

Funny you say this, since the Wall Street Journal just reported today that Nintendo was increasing their production from 8 million units in the next fiscal year to 16 million units.

For the Nintendo Switch, that is.

Unpopular opinion incoming: I want Nintendo to get out of the hardware business and become a full time developer and publisher. Is it so much to ask for one console to play Nintendo games and major third party games on? That's what I want, and since Nintendo refuses to make a traditional console for such a purpose...

Unpopular opinion incoming: I want Nintendo to get out of the hardware business and become a full time developer and publisher. Is it so much to ask for one console to play Nintendo games and major third party games on? That's what I want, and since Nintendo refuses to make a traditional console for such a purpose...

I don't think it's that unpopular of an opinion.  I'm all for it as long as I get to play on the PC.

Nintendo's aggressive disgregard for modern technology and their fans is so offensive. Somehow maybe even more offensive than the xbone and the ps4.

I'm way behind the times with respect to the video game market (I have a "new" throwback Atari system, an Original NES, and a Sega Genesis) but do any of the gaming systems do this? Do xbox games work in a playstation or vice versa? Maybe what you're asking for is different than what I am thinking of though. Do you want an open system that plays knock off Nintendo games or do you want a single console that plays all the Nintendo stuff (NES, SuperNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, Switch, etc)?

He just wants nintendo to make games for other consoles.

Thanks. I don't see the upside for Nintendo. Sure they'd sell more games but they'd sell way less consoles that way too and last time I checked the consoles are at least 5 or 6 times more expensive than the games and once you shell out the cash for a console you're kind of forced to buy/rent more games for it so it guarantees them extra sales in the future. Do other game makers do this though? I know EA sports makes games for various consoles but does say Sony own the exclusive rights to some game franchise (say something like Tekken, Zelda, Mortal Kombat, or Final Fantasy) that they lease the rights on to the competition (Xbox, Nintendo, Sega, etc.)?

Thanks. I don't see the upside for Nintendo. Sure they'd sell more games but they'd sell way less consoles that way too and last time I checked the consoles are at least 5 or 6 times more expensive than the games and once you shell out the cash for a console you're kind of forced to buy/rent more games for it so it guarantees them extra sales in the future. Do other game makers do this though? I know EA sports makes games for various consoles but does say Sony own the exclusive rights to some game franchise (say something like Tekken, Zelda, Mortal Kombat, or Final Fantasy) that they lease the rights on to the competition (Xbox, Nintendo, Sega, etc.)?

I know Nintendo has typically been more cost conscious than Microsoft and Sony with hardware, but I'd be surprised if they made much of anything on console sales (Sony and Microsoft both take losses on every console sold). So if they don't sell enough to have a solid user base (Wii U was a catastrophic failure in this regard), they can't sell enough software to be profitable. If Nintendo developed its games for Sony and Microsoft consoles, their market would be far larger. There are licensing fees involved, but at some point the larger market would overtake any benefit of having a proprietary hardware system. Sega made this choice after the Dreamcast, for instance. I have a hard time seeing Nintendo continuing in the home console business if the Switch sells like the Wii U.

Switch is already the fastest selling Nintendo console of all time. Wait til virtual console is released it will outsell Sony and Microsoft just like the Wii did two generations ago. Nintendo hardware isn't going anywhere. Nintendo is not Sega.

Switch is already the fastest selling Nintendo console of all time. Wait til virtual console is released it will outsell Sony and Microsoft just like the Wii did two generations ago. Nintendo hardware isn't going anywhere. Nintendo is not Sega.

The Wii was very cheap and very gimmicky. It was great fun for a day, playing the friends of family... then it got stale and was forgotten by most. I would be intrigued what the game sales stats show.

(Sony and Microsoft both take losses on every console sold).

This hasn't been true for a while.  Both current gen consoles launched with profit margins, albeit slim.  You have to go back to 2009 for the PS3, and I believe 2007 for the Xbox 360 to find the last time either of them lost money on a console.

Nintendo, actually, is the most recent company to sell at a loss, with the WiiU.