(OT) RIP Tom Magliozzi

PASabreFan

I have no idea why they referred to themselves as the Tappet Brothers, but one of them, Tom, died today. Was he Click or Clack? I don't know that either, just like I don't know where the Johnson Rod is on my car, or if highly caffeinated chipmunks are running on a treadmill under the hood.

I didn't even know what Tom looked like until seeing his photo in the news today, and I almost regret seeing it, because I saw him in my mind's eye much differently. What I do know is that tuning in to Car Talk while driving around on a Saturday morning — was there any other way to listen? — brought a certain bliss. And it was really all about Tom's laugh. It deserves a eulogy of its own.

Tom, I hardly knew ye, but I feel like I did.

http://www.npr.org/2...as-on-the-radio

Edited by PASabreFan

A tappet is part of the valve system that makes the "click clack" sound, hence "Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers".

I loved those guys, listened to them while driving a wheelchair van working my way through college.

A tappet is part of the valve system that makes the "click clack" sound, hence "Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers".

I loved those guys, listened to them while driving a wheelchair van working my way through college.

You must have had huge guns then.

*snort heehaw

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.